Night Before

Nikki's POV

I don't know what to do with the information I now possess. I know I want to hold the woman who has been through so much. Walking into the bedroom I find Nicole going over some paperwork her eyes full of exhaustion. I take it from her.

"Nicole tomorrow is Christmas. You have a right to enjoy it too. If it's not an emergency let it go till after tomorrow. I crawl in beside her and pull her to my chest.

"All I've ever wanted is to have a mate and be a mother. I've never had any desire to lead." She buries her head against my chest. I let her hide there for a moment from all her new found responsibilities.

"Nicole who are Willow and Rowan's father?" I ask.

"Samuel Forest." She mumbles against my chest.

"What about Collette and Emma?" I question her.

"Dyan Fahn, why? Have the girls been getting into trouble? I'd rather handle it myself if they are. Samuel's and Dyan's and  wives are harsh when they punish." She says in a rush.

"No Nicole your little daughters have been practical angels since they've been here." I reassure her. She sighs with relief. I just want to deal a little retribution for Nicole's dead cubs.

"No you can't Nikki?" Nicole whispers. She heard my thoughts.

"Why not?" I ask my voice deep with emotion.

"As far as the pack is concerned They never existed. You couldn't justify your actions. It could cause a rift. We don't need fights among packs right now. We have enemies. " She whisperers.

"Fine I won't. I growl. "What was so wrong with them that they didn't deserve to live?" I ask in frustration.

"They were too small. Nikki look around you? You won't see a male alpha or beta under six feet. Sometimes an Alpha might leave the unexceptionable to be raised by other omegas. Fahn and Forest were just to arrogant to admit they fathered an omega." She answers tears in her eyes. She looks down. Is she holding something back?

"How could they tell that they wouldn't grow tall and what do you mean an omega?" I can't wrap my mind around it.

"I can already tell our son will be strong and tall. His bones tell me and a father can tell. An omega is a wolf that is small or different." She explains wiping her eyes.

"You're tiny and your an Alpha." I whisper and kiss her cheek. I didn't mean to bring up so much hurt with my questions.

"I was born an omega. I earned my Alpha status." She smirks drying her tears.

"How did you earn it?" I grin.

"Omega cubs are picked at a lot. I got sick of it one day and fought back. Being a female I was encouraged by my elders except Henry. They needed strong females to have cubs with. I rose among the cub ranks pretty quickly. First among my siblings, then among the cubs at the pack gatherings. By the time I was Ten I was a peace keeper among the cubs at gatherings." She smiles with pride.

"My little scrapper." I smirk and tickle her and listen to her giggles. Then we kiss. I can't resist slipping my hand inside her robe. She moans as I slide my hand down to her tummy. I smile She still loves tummy rubs. I hear my wolf oof in enjoyment. My hand strays to her thigh as I deepen our kisses. I give into desire and lower myself on top of her. I know she can't yet, but it feels so good to touch her. I had come so close to loosing her. My wolf and I groan together. I don't want to stop touching her. I have to stop. I shouldn't have started. I don't want to hurt Courtney. I pull away and roll to my back. Nicole shifts and goes to our cubs. She faces away from me as she nurses them.