Taken

Nikki's POV

Just as Jason said the girls cleaned up and went to bed. I watch them head to their own rooms.

"Nicole doesn't sleep with you and Yennefer." I give Jason an accusing look.

"She would probably bite me if I crawled in bed with her." He laughs. Every instinct tells her other males are not safe around her and her cubs right now. Some instincts we just can't seem to shake."

"How long? She must feel so lonely." I moan.

"Two weeks, She hasn't always been alone Mathew stays when he can." He answers watching my reactions carefully.

I'm furious at first, then it drains away. He was here when I couldn't be. Jason relaxes at my reaction or lack of.

"I don't want her to be alone." I whisper.

"She won't be. If you don't allow her to push you away. No matter what she thinks. She needs you. Without you she would be so depressed. I will make her pregnancy difficult." he says.

"What does it mean for her to be denning? I sigh

"Well she has already began to. She will become very aggressive towards males that aren't you. She will become territorial of her den she has been preparing. The closer she gets to her birthing the closer she stays to home. Once she gives birth she will stay in wolf form for a month with her cubs. She won't leave the den much. You and her sisters will need to bring her food." he answers with a grin.

"What's the grin for?" I snicker at his expression.

"I was just thinking of my first mate. She was really something." he answers with a sigh. "I never thought I would ever fall in love again after I lost her."

"I know he needs to know all of this, but there are other reasons we are all sitting here." Tom finally breaks into the conversation.

"Yes, yes we need to discuss Yennefer's heat. Tom wishes to lay down the agreement with you."

"What needs to be discussed?" I ask.

"I want to know if Yennefer conceives by me. I'm doing this in your name or will the cubs be mine. I will do this for you either way, but a man needs to know." He explains.

"Of course the cubs would be yours. I would not deny you your kids." I answer. He's relieved.

"Tom will stand in during Yennefer's heat. Yennefer has consented. Nikki has consented. Tom doesn't seek a mate or to bond. He only seeks to have cubs and to have a home. Is this agreeable? Jason states.

"Yes." Tom answers.

"Yes." I answer.

"Witnessed. Now shake hands." He says.

We shake on it. It seems strange to me that here among the wolves a verbal contract is as binding as a written one. That wouldn't work in the music world.

After talking for awhile I can't help the urge to check on Nicole. Saying goodnight I head for her room. I open the door. She lies on a bed with raised sides. It's like an adult crib. I chuckle. I guess it makes sense. It's built to hold her cubs too. I stroke her hair then give her a kiss on the cheek. She smiles in her sleep. She is so sweet. I pull up her blanket and tuck her in before I leave her room.

I go straight to mine and Court's room. Normally I would find Tom and Jason' discussions interesting, but tonight I have enough on my own mind to keep me busy. Like how to be a good husband to three women and to be a lover to only one. I'm about to lay down when I hear a loud knock at the door. I go back out to the living room to see who it could be this late. Jason opens the door. Nyx comes rushing in, tears in her eyes. Her husband Sean trailing behind. She's immediately in her father's arms.

"What's wrong baby?" he asks.

"It's Zoey! She's been taken." she weeps.

"When? Where?" Jason asks.

"This evening, she was in a town near their home. She had gone out to their truck. She was gone to long Paul went to see what was taking her so long. She was nowhere to be found." Sean answers.

"What the hell is going on. We've been at peace with the hunters for over forty years. Why would they start something now." Tom grumbles.

"Can we be sure it's them." Jason says calmly. He still holds his daughter stroking her hair to console.

"How are we going to tell Nicole?" I groan.

"Tell me what?" Nicole says as she comes out of her room sleep still in her eyes.

We all turn to her. She must have caught our thoughts. Her face grows very pale. I move quickly to steady her. She leans against me. Her eyes grow distant. I guide her to the couch and hold her close to me.

"I can hear her thoughts. They are incoherent. She must be drugged. I see another in her thoughts. she doesn't know where she is or why she was taken. She passed out." She says softly and lays limply against me.

I hold her to me as she begins to weep. Courtney and Yennefer finally wake hearing the commotion. Jason pulls them aside to explain. Moments later both women are curled up on the couch with me and Nicole. Jason sits at the other end holding Nyx.

"I'm going to go let my father know what Nicole said. Maybe when Zoey is more clear headed she can help us find her." he says gently and leaves to find his Dad.

Jason cautiously approaches Nicole.

"Nicole you need to sleep." He whispers.

"I don't want to Jason. What if she wakes and I miss something." She begins to struggle in my arms. She's becoming hysterical.

"Sleep Nicole." he commands gently. I back him up. This time were in agreement. Nicole is now sleeping soundly on my lap. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to leave her alone. It's Courtney who finally makes the decision.

"Bring her to bed with us. She shouldn't be alone right now." my wife whispers to me.

I stand with Nicole in my arms and follow Court to our room. Placing her gently into bed I crawl in myself. I roll to cuddle Court. She nuzzles close. Nicole cuddles against my back. I sigh. I can't help it. I've missed her so much. How did I get myself into this? I have three wives according to my pack. Well I never do anything small. I adore Nicole and Yennefer. They are sweethearts. I want to keep them happy, keep them safe. Now Zoey has gone missing. Why were the girls taken? Both girls were coming in to heat. Are they planning to use them as bate? My mind goes round and around. I take a deep breath and try to sleep.