Naming Day And A Surprise

Nikki's POV

It's been so hard not calling my newborns by their given names. But today they are being excepted into the pack. The celebration is going to be bigger than I thought it would be. Lance thinks it is fitting since Nicole is our Queen that other packs will be here, so a event that is usually a single pack has become a gathering. 

We gather in the community center. It's the only place big enough. Nicole is so nervous with so many close to our babies. Jarl quietly approaches.

"May I sneak a peek at our newest members?" He asks softly.

"Yes of course Jarl." Nicole answers.

He smiles and stokes their baby cheeks.

  "They are beautiful." He whispers. Then his smile slips. Nicole pulls him close so their foreheads touch. I see  tears slip from their eyes. They quickly part. Jarl leaves gifts for the babies and leaves quietly as he came.

"Nicole what's wrong?" I whisper in her ear.

  "I'm fine." She answers.

  "No you're not. Tell me" I pull her tight and insist. She moans softly.

  "I had an open mating run for the North Dakota pack. Jarl caught me too. The boy that was exposed was his son." She whimpers.

"How could he and then come to you to shed tears?" I growl low.

  "He was called away on council business. My grandma had given me something so I would sleep. I woke and my son was gone. Charlotte said Jarl didn't want him. Later I found she had lied. We've never been able to mourn openly." She sighs against my neck.

"Why not?" I ask confused.

"He was a child of a breeder. They don't exist until their fathers claim them on their naming day." She explains sadly. I pull her close and hold her.

"That will never happen to you again." I promise. We are interrupted by Lance.

"Are you ready for the pack to meet its new members?" He asks.

"Yes," Nicole answers with a weak smile.

Our family joins us. They are just as happy as we are. These babies have more than one father and mother. They also have plenty of bothers and sisters to look out for them.

Jake approaches with a huge grin.

"As their pack leader I get the joy of introducing the new babies to our pack."
He gently picks each child up and gives their name.
"Kyler, Holly, Ivy, and Clover are now members of the Teton mountain pack." He announces.

People begin to come forward slowly one by one or in couples some with children. There are a lot ooos, aahs, and
coos. Till Charlotte and Dylan stop in front of us. Charlotte barely glances at the babies. She does look over us men. Then glances at Jarl.

"Hmm you have always had a thing for old wolves." She comments sarcastically.

Nicole reaches up and gently strokes my slightly greying beard.

"Hmm yes mature males are very virile and skilled lovers." She says her voice sounding sensuous. I growl low in my chest in response. There are several feminine growls in answer.  Charlotte huffs and drags her husband away. Collette and Emma pull away and climb on to Nicole's lap. She cuddles them. Charlotte is furious but continues on her way. I'm sure Nicole will hear about it later. She's not really supposed to publicly claim children that have been adopted by their father's wives. Tom just recently told me this. How fucked is that when she nurses them for a year.