I like books

WARNING⚠️ LoNg ASS, CH@per
Share, comment and vote 😗

We walked around different places, Mj giving me a slight tour along our way to the library.
"And this is the library"
Looking up, my jaw drops. It's a huge building, probably three stories high, beautiful gold designs voted the exterior of the glass windows. Imaging all the books that can be in there makes me jump in excitement.
Mj narrows her eyes. Blushing embarrassed, I shrug. "I like books''. It wasn't a lie, I learned over the past year that I really do like to read. But still I haven't been to a library like this. I've barely been out of the house let alone manhattan.
Walking into the building I awe at the tall bookcases that were filled with books. Everything was so neatly compared, not cluttered, but it all was placed beautifully.
There were even tables in the middle of a huge hall in front of us. Lights placed in the middle of each desk going down.
"Hey, Ned!" Mj shouts across the room to the boy sitting down on the farthest desk possible.
"Ladys!" the librarian scolded us. Smiling apologetically we walk to Mj's friend Ned.
"Hey!" Ned greets happily.
I wave, while me and mj sit in front of him.
"Where's Peter?" Mj said, dragging all her supplies out of her bag.
My heart exilertates at the sound of his name. Shit.
Why did her friend have to be him?
"I'm here" Peter says before staring directly into my eyes surprised. "H-Hi."
Both Mj and Ned narrow their eyes between me and Peter.
I say nothing.
Peter sat down, more hesitant now.
"Do you guys know each other?" Ned says pointing to Peter then me.
"No" me and Peter say abruptly. I glared at him while he gave me nervous glance to me
"mhm.."Ned and mj mumble.
"So what are we doing?" I ask all three of them. Trying to buy myself some time to figure out an excuse to leave.
"Homework" Mj said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Were you not listening during any of your classes."
"Not exactly-" I murmured. " But I actually think my...my...My uncle needs me, I didn't tell him I was going to the library." I cringed that I just called Strange my uncle.
All three of them stared at me suspiciously. "Ok..." Mj said.
I apologised to both Ned and Mj, then I turned to Peter. I intended to say something but it wasn't until I was out the door before I realized I didn't say anything to him. I don't know what it is about him, but I don't trust him. He was in my simulation, there has to be a reason
:
I've been walking for five minutes tiredley. I would teleport to home, but I'd rather stick around to see the city since I don't get to do this often.

Seeing his text made me feel...happy?. It meant they trusted me...probably.
I walked around the city calmly, taking everything in.
Adults walked past me with their kids, some laughed, so were busy on a phone call. It reminds of the last time I was here, the night I fought spiderman. Everyone was on their phones.
The thought of spiderman filled my mind now. The last time I saw him was when he saved me a year ago. Which is ironic because we fought without him knowing it was me. Then he saved me from suicide as, well, me.
I haven't had a real fight since then, it bothered me somehow. I was so used to fighting people that when I stopped It felt unnatural.
I have resisted the urge at times, because I know I'm perfectly capable of defending myself. But no, I'm here to help people. Not hurt them.
I continue to walk a little more conflicted than I had been twenty minutes ago. But I brushed it off when I heard a rustle from above me.
Pulling my hair back into a ponytail, I waited to see if I could hear the rustle again.
Nothing.
Shaking my head, I walk to the nearest alleyway, ready to teleport back home.
Then the rustle came again.
Whirling behind, standing in front of me is a dog.
Relieved that it wasn't someone, I recouped myself and let out a sigh  "What do you want?" I say coldly to the dog. I never really liked animals.
It barked at me.
"Look rat, I don't have time for you." I say to the now whining dog. "Shut up"
It continued to whine.
Rolling my eyes bending down close to the dog, I place my hand on top of his head to feel his emotion.
Hungry?.
Opening my eyes to the wimpiring dog I stand back up to search for the nearest pet store.
"You're lucky, I can now feel emotions dog." I mutter to it.
Finding one close by I walked with the dog to the nearest pet store and bought him dog food along with some water. The cashier told me the dog was a german shepard, apparently he was still a puppy.
Thanking him, me and the dog walked out and went to a park I found.
Sitting on a bench I turn to the pup.
"Out of all people in this city, why did you choose me huh?" I say as I pour cible on the floor.
He gobbled that shit down so fast, he left me shocked.
"Damn."
He barked for me to pour him more.
"Bossy" I say before pouring him more.
When he finished it was nearly dark, and I had to be home before dark.
"Look, I have to go home." Standing up I start to walk off but I am quickly being blocked off by the dog.
"Excuse me."
He barked.
"What makes you think you can come with me?"
Another bark.
"I don't like animals." I whined.
Whimpering it sat, giving me puppy dog eyes.
"That doesn't work on me."
He still sits.
I can't lie, he was kind of cute. I question my existence. I don't want a stray dog to come home with me, what will Wong and Strange think? Not to mention this damn dog will be my problem to handle.
What the fudge is my life anymore. Starting from an assassin who would kill anyone who stared at her wrong, to a soft as persona who's now talking to a dog...
What the fuck.
"You can come with me, just for one night."
Wagging his tail he jumped up in my arms as if he could understand exactly what I was saying.
"You're odd, you know that." I say before walking off to teleport back home.