Party?

It's been two weeks since the school shooting.
I went on patrol every night, searching for any sign of the people that I was assigned to find.
Nothing yet.
Me and Peter crossed paths a couple of times during our patrols, but we never really interacted.
Mj and I were more alert, looking at the news all the time just in case there was anything on anything.
I also noticed Peter and Ned talking alot. Not that they usually don't. But when me and Mj come up to them, they stop their conversation quickly.
The thought of Ned knowing who Peter was crossed my mind. But there were no signs that Ned knew who I was.
Ned didn't talk about Spiderman all that much as he did with me, well, not "me". But the hero version, I guess.
I don't even know what I am, to be honest.
And I don't know if I want to. I just follow orders and complete missions. Not that I go on them as much as I used to. But I still stay discrete.

"This movie is so unrealistic! the killer got rid of the body by throwing it into a pool that has a lot of chlorine, like can chlorine even dissolve that fast?" Peter complains after the movie ends.

Me, Mj, Ned and Peter were at the theaters and just got done seeing a movie.
I absolutely did not want to come, but of course Mj convinced me to come. She didnt care of course, but her "not caring" if I went or didn't made me want to go.
Plus I've never been to a theater before.

"No," I say answering Peters question.

All three of them stared at me. And I realised that I answered way too fast.

" can you just ask me that again, so I can take longer to answer"

"Can chlorine dissolve a body that fast...y/n?" Peter says slower.

"............no"

"HOW DID YOU KNOW" Ned yelled, while Mj too was taken back, but smirked anyways.

"I don't really want to get into it." I laughed nervously, pulling a strand of hair behind my ear.

We all were laughing. It made me forget about everything that happened. Not completely, but enough for me to feel happy.
Nothing about me being an assassin came into mind, me having powers, living with the avengers, hydra. None of it.
I was just a sixteen year old girl, hanging out with her friends.
It took a minute for that to sink in.
I couldn't tell if that was a good or bad change.

"Hey you ok?" Peter asked, next to me.

I didn't realize I was quiet.

Since me and Peter saved those kids at the shooting, I've almost forgotten why I was ever mad at Peter.

"Yeah" My eyes wandered in the night sky.

Peter couldn't help but stare at her.

I'm not sure why my face started to burn up when he started at me. It was awkward.
I fought the urge to look in his eyes. To find out why he was looking at me the way he did.
For some strange reason, there was something about him that made me feel a certain way.

My thoughts were interrupted when Mj and Ned walked up to us.

"I-uh. Have to go" I stumble over my words.

They all looked confused.

"I-..forgot I have to help my uncle...with-something" I feel like punching myself.

We all exchanged our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

I went to go look for an alleyway so I could teleport to my room.

While I was walking Mj called me.

"You needed to help your uncle with something?" She mocked me. "Really?."