Chapter 37 - A Splendid Reunion

Chapter 37

"Wait, you're going back to school?!"

"Yeah? So, what?"

"Well, that's rare..." I raised an eyebrow at Alexa.

"What do you mean "that's rare"?" She looked at me and touched my neck using the back of her hand. "Alexa, what are you doing?"

"Checking if you are sick, or if your brain is broken" Wow, what a caring sister I have... I rolled my eyes and gently swat Alexa's hand away from me.

"Does our parents know about this?" She asked.

"Nope, and if they ever find me, just tell them where I am, and do not trick them that I got into trouble, alright?" She groaned in response while heading to the door.

The moment I got out of the house, I went to my car and hop in. Inserting the engine key, I started the car and drive it.

3rd POV

"Hey, did you see that black, cool-looking car parked over there?"

"Yeah, I did! I wonder who it belongs to..."

"You don't know? It belongs to one of the richest family's eldest son, Alexander Xialong!"

"Hm?" A blonde-haired girl looks at her green-haired best friend in confusion, "What do you mean?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Mimi didn't you heard the top gossip of the students right now?!" Mia closed her locker and starts walking with books under her arms.

"I didn't pay attention and I don't care..."

"Eh, I can tell," Lila shrugged and continued, "anyway! There's a gossip that a famous rich guy is here in our school!" Lila squeals a little, "Oh man, I really, really, REALLY wanna meet him~" Lila giggled as Mia rolls her eyes while silently chuckled at her friend's enthusiasm.

Meanwhile, in an empty classroom, two boys are having a conversation. Tony has his arms cross, his back is leaning again the window's frame as his eyes scanned the face of the boy, who is, in fact, Alexander.

"Hey, tell me the truth, you lied about you only heard of Mia, right?" Tony's mind replays the scene where he and Alexander converse about Mia. He remembered seeing Alexander's actions; from gripping the paper bag he's holding to blinking 2 times every time he lied.

Yup, he knows him damn well.

The silence broke between them when Tony sighed, "why am I asking you even if it's obvious?" He facepalmed. Alexander looks at him in confusion.

"Hu–"

"Don't 'huh?' me, mister. You obviously know her! I know you as if we met when we were sperms wiggling inside our mother's wombs!" Alexander sits straight from his seat, now knowing that his friend saw through his little white lie. "Did you also forget that I am that bastard Anthony's cousin?" Alexander also mentally facepalmed that he forgot such important detail: he and Anthony live together in one house.

'Of course, he'll see through your lie, you told Anthony that you love her! His mouth will blabber it to the whole f*cking school and Tony!' Alexander thought as he sweatdrop.

"Anyways, he told me you fell for her? Is that true?" Tony raised an eyebrow at his friend.

"Y-yes..." He replied in a soft voice, "why d'you asked?" If Tony was able to place his hand on Alexander's chest where his heart is placed, he would've feel it beating so fast.

"As I said, you lied to me on our last meeting with each other," he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Oh," Silence took over again. Alexander thought it was over as he shifted himself from his seat uncomfortably.

"Hey, what did you like about her?" Alexander looked at him and was about to open his mouth when something hit him; What does he like about Mia?

He never spent time with you before except the time when you both stayed at the principal's office. All he could remember was that she was always pissed off of him.

"What I like about Mia?" He laughs it off, getting a suspicious gaze from Tony, "She's smart, like super, super smart! I feel like she'll be the next Einstein." Tony hummed in response.

"She's a strong girl, she may look weak, but her mouth, wooooh! She's sassy!" Tony cringed at his choice of words but continues to listen, "she's a pretty girl too!"

"Oh..." Tony replied. Alexander's heart was beating fast, hoping this is the end, but Tony placed his hand on Alexander's desk and told him with a smirk.

"W-wh–"

"You aren't in love, are you? You just convinced yourself that you are because you pitied her."

Alexander stared at him in disbelief, he scoffed at his friend, "Now why would you think of that way?"

"I found it so confusing. Why would a guy who made an 18-year-old random girl force that attempt on her and all of a sudden, claims to be in love with her? Until I came up with an answer: you never did. You created her as a scapegoat to run away from your guilt, your wrongdoings. The moment you saw her lying on that hospital bed, you pitied her. When you remember everything you did to her, it haunted you. Thus, you created a fake belief that you were actually in love with her when, in fact, you actually pitied her, and not only that, your chance to escape," Tony slyly smiles at his friend who sat there in silence.

"N-no... You're wrong..." I am in love with her, I'm sure I am, right? Those words swirled inside his brain.

"Alright, believe what you want to believe, but I told you what I need to tell you," He said as he sighed, "Am I right, tiger?" Alexander looks at Tony in confusion and saw he was not looking at him. His head quickly whipped to the door.

"Wow, you thought all of that in one day? You really do have a brain," A familiar green-haired woman leaned against the door. Next to her was a girl with pony-tailed, blonde hair. Her blue eyes stared into Alexander's shocked eyes, her mouth was left agape.

When did you two come in? Did they heard everything...? Alexander felt like his heart might explode at any second now.

"I'm hurt..." Tony pouted, "Mia, can't you believe what she said?" He whined at the blonde girl. She just looked at the two boys. Nothing came out of her mouth until she cleared her throat and looked at Alexander.

"Well, isn't this a splendid reunion?"
~~
(End of Chapter 37)