Chapter 23 - Me? Love Him?!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

YOU READERS!

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

YOU NEW YEAR BABIES!

~~~~~

Chapter 23

Flatline...

Mia's heart monitor is a flat line...

Mia...

"Mia!"

"Sir, I request you to leave and let the professionals do this!" I looked at the nurse and sighed.

How much I wanted to stay by Mia's side, I have to go to the place where my father is.

"Alright, I'll leave her to your care... Call me if it's done." I exited the room and dashed through the hallways as fast as I could.

A while later...

From the distance, I saw Alexa hugging and comforting sad Selene.

"There, there, mommy, daddy will be alright, trust me..." Alexa said, trying to hold back her tears.

Alexa looked at me at the corner of her eye and finally spoke but with a shaky voice, "D-Dàgē? Dàgē!!"

Selene looks up and was shock that I came.

"A-Alex-"

"I never gave you permission to call me by my nickname..." I look at her fiercely but I sighed.

I walk closer and sit next to them. With concern, I began to ask, "Selene... What did the doctor say about... father's condition?"

"W-we d-don't know..."

With a heavy sigh, I comfort her by gently patting Selena's back.

My mind begins to think about Mia... The times that I saw her suffering. If I was there by her side, will I do the same thing I did for my step-mother?

"Doctor! How is my daddy?!" Alexa panicked, as she tries to hide her tears.

"Luckily, we managed to save him, he must stay here for a while. That may be a sudden heart attack, but we need to examine his body more for further explanation." The doctor removes his mask and lets out all the air he held back out of his mouth.

"I-I see... T-thank you... Doctor..." Selene let out a shaky voice.

Pop!

A pop sound came out of nowhere.

The doctor's hand went inside his pocket and pull out his phone.

"Ah, please excuse me, I have another patient to take care..."

"Go ahead..." I said and he walks away.

Ding!

My phone starts ringing.

I check who it is and it was a text from Doctor Louis- excuse me, it was Jones...

'Alexander, we manage to get her heart start beating again. I need you to come back and accompany her. There might be a chance for her to gain back her consciousness!'

I turn off my phone and look at Alexa and Selene. I stood up from my seat until I felt someone holding onto my elbow.

I look back and it was Selene. I remove her hand from my elbow and wipe it off using my hand.

"Where are you going?" She asked, her eyes were swollen so much from crying.

"Something urgent happens in the company, I must go there right now." As I walk away, I heard Selene make the 'tch' sound.

All of a sudden, Selene begins to shout, "Is the company more important than your father's life? Do you even have a heart at all?!"

Her voice filled the hospital's hallway. That shout made me stop walking.

It was silent for a while until Alexa started to speak, "Alexander... Do you even love daddy...?"

"Me? Love that man who rarely comes home because he only cares about money and business...? Who carelessly left his own son in the shadows of regret?! The man who made his own son think that it's his fault that his first wife died?! The man who... who... who neglected his son's feelings and made him live in a hellish nightmare that tortures him for years!? That kind of father?! Who the hell will love that f*cking old man?!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

It's very quiet...

"I guess those who love him... Are also after his money and business, right Selene?" Gritting my teeth, I stomped away to the elevator

In the elevator...

BANG!

Why did I say those things?

'Do you even love daddy...?'

Of course...

Of course... I love him...

It's hard to accept what he just did to me in the past...

I felt something wet coming out of my eyes. I wipe it off and found out I'm crying.

"Damn... How long was it....? That I cried all by myself...?" I started to laugh on my own...

Laughing all this pain away.

It hurts...

It hurts so bad...

~~~~~
(End of Chapter 23)

Edited: March 17, 2021