Chapter 26 - A dream? An accident?

ARC 3 - She Is Building, yet He Is Breaking

Chapter 26

Alex's POV

I could hear someone talking...

"Look! That boy is about to drown!"

A boy...?

"Who knows how to swim? Hurry! Save that black-haired boy!"

Black hair...?

When I open my eyes, I saw myself underwater.

What the f*ck?! How did I get here?!

I'm struggling to breathe, I tried to swim back but I couldn't.

Suddenly, I felt a pain in my foot, every time I try to swim up, the pain adds up.

'F*ck! I'm having cramps!' I painfully thought. I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to die here.

Then, the darkness is beginning to grow... I couldn't breathe...

Air...

I need air...

Help!

Before I was covered by darkness, I could see an unfamiliar face swimming towards me.

I flash my eyes open and immediately sit up. I was breathing so heavily, my heart was beating so fast.

I looked at my surroundings, it was all unfamiliar. The walls are white, the lights are shining so bright

Am I in heaven?

I looked down and I realized I wasn't lying on my bed.

Am I in the hospital? What happened?

CLANK

I heard the door opening. I look up and saw Yu and a doctor behind him.

"As soon as he wakes up, he will stay rest here after a week, then he can leave," The doctor glance at me, "Speaking of leaving, looks like he woke up just fine."

Yu looks back and ran to me with tears in his eyes.

"S-Sir! Are you alright?! Does your head hurt? Good thing I called an ambulance right away!" I blinked at Yu in confusion, I watch him panic and rambling.

"Uh, Yu... Calm down-!"

"Calm down?! how am I suppose to–"

"The most important thing, we're both fine and alive, so calm the f*ck down!"  I was about to flick his forehead when I notice his arm, wrapped up in a bandage and has a supporter.

"I'll leave you two alone..." The doctor said and I heard him open the door and leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

"Yu... What happened?" I look at Yu, he sighed, knowing that I'm eager to know why we're both in hospital.

"You see... You were asleep for the whole ride right?" I nodded, "Well, I was super angry, because first, the company's massive problem and second, about my family's financial problem, I didn't notice a truck coming straight at us–"

"Wait, aren't we in the right lane at that time?!" I cut him off. He scratched his head in a bit of frustration.

"Yes, we are, argghhh, it was the freaking truck's fault! He went to the wrong lane! Turns out that sh*thead was drunk!" Yu realizes what he said and calms down, "Uhm, uh, forgive me..."

Me, who was stunned and shocked at Yu's choice of words, pats his back and said, "Don't worry. Continue..."

"Ahem, anyway, just like I said before, the truck driver was in the wrong lane and he was going into full speed and... Boom, car accident!" He made an explosion sound effect, not knowing that his saliva is escaping out of his mouth.

I guess they were thinking that Yu is kicking them out...

All of a sudden, something struck my mind.

"Yu, how's Mia? Is she fine?" I hold Yu's shoulder in panic.

"Don't worry sir, I knew you would ask that. I visited her and guess what?" Yu asks excitedly.

"What?" I ask

"I said guess what, so you need to guess!"

"Yu, I don't want to guess, I want you to answer me right away!" Yu pouts and starts to shake his head.

"No! Guess!" He starts to act like a little kid.

"How can I freaking guess, if I don't  know what's going on with her?" My urge of wanting to kill this guy is growing.

"Then I won't tell you!" He crosses his arms and looks away.

I raised my middle finger at him and said, "F*ck you," I looked away, as I put my finger down, I said to Yu, "Tell me now or else–"

"Okay, okay, okay! I will spit it out! I know what you're going to say so don't!" He made praying position.

I was shocked at Yu's sudden action.

This is embarrassing!

"Stand up! What if the doctors come in and saw you doing this!?" I force him to stand but he didn't even budge.

"You made me do this, if anyone comes in and saw me doing this, they will think that you are a horrible person, so SUFFER!" He said while closing his eyes shut, "I will stand up if you take those words back!"

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry! Just stand up!" I apologize quickly, but he opens his eyes and looks at me, "What? I apologize!" I said.

"And...?" He raised his eyebrows.

"And I take those words back, so stand up!"

CREAK

'This is it, it's over. The doctors will think that I made Yu beg, but in reality, he just knelt down and do this, and they will think I am a horrible person and' My thoughts are interrupted by a familiar male voice.

"Um, what are you... Doing?" The familiar male voice starts bursting into laughter.

"It's not what it looks like!" I turn to the right to look at the familiar voice.

Before I get the chance to explain, I gasp at what I just saw beside him.

~~~~~~
(End of Chapter 26)

Edited: March 19, 2021