Chapter 8 - Flashback (Part 1)

Chapter 8

A few weeks pass after that scenario, the bullying became worse and worse.

You must be wondering how and what happened a few weeks ago, here's what happened:

Flashback:

I stayed in the girl's restroom until after school, didn't want to bother to go to my scheduled classes. I looked at my wrist that was now full of cuts, then I looked at the floor, that is already covered by my splattered blood.

I sighed and thought to myself, "I'll clean this up when the dismissal bell rings... "

A few hours later...

Riiiiing...

I woke up from my small nap in the restroom's stall when I heard the dismissal bell.

I have to clean this blood up before the girls come here...

I yawned and stretch, quickly, I got out of the stall and I grabbed the nearest mop and bucket filled with water then began to clean the red fluid.

After mopping...

'Now my job is done!' I thought to myself I look at the stall where I stayed, with a face of satisfaction. I put the mop and the bucket back to its original spot and exit the restroom, trying to avoid Sophia and her minions.

Most importantly, Alexander.

I hid behind the wall, looking if none of them were there. All of a sudden, someone covered my mouth and eyes with their hands, making my heart leap out of chest.

I started to smell one of those expensive perfume, actually, it was very familiar.

"Who are you trying to spy on, Little Lamb?" Someone with a familiar voice whispered seductively into my ear. It sends shivers down my spine.

Not in a good way, I believe.

"A-Alex-" 

"Shhh...." He removed his hands away from my eyes and placed his finger to my lips until I heard someone running down the hall.

"Where the f*ck is that *sshole?! Grr, if he didn't say those things in front of her, we should've continued my perfectly planned date!" A boy with blue spiky hair starts to look around the corridor. Alexander hugs me tighter to his chest which I can hear his heartbeat, it's beating faster, is he scared? 

I look up at Alexander's face, he watch the guy as he furrowed his eyebrows, with pink tints painted on his cheeks.

"Bro, he's not here!" His companion shouted.

"Damn, keep searching! His a dead man to me when I see him..." He shouted back and both of them started running away. He loosen his grip and peek his head out of the wall. 

"I-Is everything-- Woah!" He pulled my arm roughly, making me wincing in pain, and pushed me out of our hiding spot, "Hey! What the hell was that for?!" I rub the arm, where he held roughly, gently. 

"Has anyone taught you how to be--?" He stared at me, he has this gloomy aura around him, his eyes are filled with... sympathy? 

"Now, what's with that look?" I scoffed at him. 

"Oh, little lamb... If you just knew..." He said as he stared right into my eyes. I titled my head a little from confusion, knew what? What is he talking about?

"About what?" I raised my eyebrows at him, he stood silent, "I don't have all day, y'know?" I jolted when he place his hands on my shoulder, my heart was beating faster, certainly from fear.

"A-Alexander...? Is everything alright?" I wave my hand right in front of his face, he gently grabbed my hand, "U-Um, I-I'm just checking if you know, alright! You've been staring at me... too much..." Did I just stutter? I just wanna slap my self.

But reality did it for me when I saw him holding up a paper, my eyes enlarge when I scanned the paper; it was my letter. 

"H-How... did you--"

"I just found it lying around the floor in one of the hallway," He let go of my hand and and waved the letter right in front of my face, "Is miss little perfect in love with Anthony~?" His face was plastered with a mocking smirk.

"So what if I am?"

"I'm just asking, no need to get feisty~" God, I want to wipe his smirk from his annoying face, "But a little advice,"

"What?"

"Stay away from him" I was puzzled, did he tell me to stay away from Anthony?

I crossed my arms and have a scowl on my face, "Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm protecting you--"

"From what? What is there to protect to? I can handle myself, Mr. CEO," His other free hand turned into a fist.

"Oh? You can?" He sneered at me as I nodded, "What do you know about him? You only knew him for a while now," He went down to my eye level and scanned my face.

What do I know about him? "W-Well, he is part of a sports team..." I shyly said, as I look down. He laugh quietly, "Everyone knows that, but what do you know about him, personally?" I tried to remember when I spend time with him.

"You two barely hung out together, and you fell for him?" He glared at me and grab my chin.

"H-He's nice!" 

"Puh-lease, as a person who knew him well, that's his stupid façade making you think he is not what he seems!" He growled at me, but it turned into a smirk, "Don't tell me that, little miss perfect..."

I'm not perfect...

"Fell for his outward appearance?" I held my breath all of a sudden. My heart began to beat faster, I feel like my hands are going fidgety, I even mentally feel it going to my hair just pull it.

Stop, I know where you are going to say...

"N-no..." My voice stuttered and crack.

"Doesn't sound like it," He mockingly chuckle, "Or maybe you fell in love because he's rich?" I'm on my last straw.

I pushed him with all my strength, which made him stumble, and yelled, "If you have nothing to say other than mocking me and my little crush on him, then get our of my sight!" I clench my fists, my blood is boiling just by looking at his shocked face.

He scratched his head and sighed, "You sure you wanna know? I could always save the best for la--"

"Cut to the chase, Xialong"

He hesitated for a moment, before opening his mouth,

"If I tell you that Anthony was a playboy, will you believe me?"

~~~~~

(End of Chapter 8)

Edited: March 13, 2021