23

The club was packed, and Hazel gulped nervously as she recognise its gold decor and bold characters straight away. It was one of Sabinis, and she wasn't sure if he'd be too happy about a visit from the peaky boys.

She found herself walking next to Thomas as John and Arthur trailed behind them, and she watched as they stared in disbelief at the various sexual acts that were happening by the entrance and inside the club.

"That's rather, how do I say- normal- here. Nobody seems to care about well, anything really." Hazel spoke, breaking the silence between her and Thomas.

"You been here before?" He replied, still refraining from looking at her face as they walked toward a table.

"Gosh no!" She laughed slightly, "- I've treated a few injuries from the boys that run this club and let's say they don't have the best reputation. Plus Ada is so busy with karl and I haven't got many friends I'd come here with." She shrugged, taking a seat as she watched Arthur shoo away a rather intimate couple from the table.

"You've met the gang members from London ey?" Thomas cocked his head slightly, finally looking up at her as he removed his cap and ruffled his dark hair.

"A few. They're just as bad as you boys. Always getting into trouble." She replied, looking down nervously at the empty glass in front of her, wishing she had some thing incredibly strong to wash away some of her nerves.

"This place is a fucking freak show!" John exclaimed as he also took a seat at the table, although he had a large grin on his face as he stared at all the women.

"Yeah- and what the fuck is that racket?" Arthur grumbled.

"It's what they call music these days brother." Thomas replied, watching Hazel as she stared at all the couples dancing away, their energy levels mainly kept up from the sheer amount of cocaine they all seemed to be doing.

He wondered wether they'd be dancing if they were still together. Thomas quickly shook the thought from his mind. "-Irish whiskey, bottle!" He shouted at one of the waiters.

"Fucking hell. I recognise a few of these lads." John mumbled as he gazed accross at the other tables.

"Sabinis cousin over there." Arthur pointed out.

"Well Arthur, it is sabinis club." Thomas cleared his throat, catching himself glancing over again at Hazel, whom seemed to be avoiding the gaze of one of the men at another table. He clenched his jaw.

Hazel cursed under her breath as she watched one of the men walk over to the table.

"Miss knightly! You're finally visiting the club. What do ya think? Better than the lads described ey?" He grinned.

He was one of the men whom she'd had to treat a few times- even pulled a bullet out of his leg.

"Yes, well, what can I say. Your description really sold it to me." She responded politely, thanking the lord as she noticed John had filled her glass up with whiskey, and she quickly swigged it.

"However, I'm afraid there's been a slight mistake regarding your company miss. Gentlemen, you're gonna have to leave." The man spoke, turning to look at the boys who were all glaring at him harshly.