41

"What the fuck do you mean Tommy's been picked up?" Hazel hissed down the phone as she felt herself break out in a nervous sweat.

It had been a few days since her and Thomas found out about her pregnancy, and each day he seemed reluctant to go into work, insisting that Hazel stayed at home and relaxed until after the charity dinner was over and done with. He of course told Polly that he knew, and she was over the moon that she was going to be a grandmother to another Shelby baby. She knew she shouldn't have favourites, but she was sure she would have a soft spot for Hazel and Thomas's Kin. They had decided they'd tell the rest of the family once the foundation dinner was over with, but Hazel couldn't refrain herself from phoning Ada that night and telling her the news. Adas squeals down the phone had almost deafened Hazel.

"Scotland Yard came and took him. It's that fucking bastard of a priest I'm telling you." John replied.

"Well did they give you any information? When he'd be back?" She replied, feeling a strong wave of sickness once again.

"Yeah. When the coppers were leaving one of em said he'd be back by tomorow." He sighed.

"Well why did they take him? Does he have information? Are they doing it as a threat?" She pressed on.

"As a threat most likely- just try and get some sleep yeah? He'll be back by the morning." John answered.

"Some sleep? John my husband has just been taken by some psychotic priest." She snapped back.

He just laughed down the phone at her response.

"Sorry. I just don't know if I can get to sleep when he's not here." She mumbled, but a yawn followed suite.

"Tell you what, me n Esme will come over n stay in one of the spare rooms alright?" He reasoned.

"Oh don't be silly. I don't want to be any inconvenience."

"Hazel. It's no inconvenience. We will bring the kids they love the house. Get to go mad in the halls." He chuckled.

"All right. I'll see you soon." She sighed.

"Alright sis." He confirmed, hanging up and going to find Esme and round up their children.

..

Within an hour, Esme, John and their kids had all piled into Hazel and Thomas's home, and Hazel welcomed them all with grateful, open arms.

They'd spent an hour or so conversing as the kids ran around, which John and Esme were happy to let them do so they'd tire themselves out. Esme was growing slightly suspicious about the amount of questions Hazel was asking about what her pregnancies had been like, and noticed the delight on her face when Esme let her touch her belly to feel the kicks of the next one on the way.

Esme wasn't stupid. She could tell by the slight glow on Hazels face that she was expecting.

"Right. Kids are in bed." John yawned as he walked back into the living room.

"Well, I think it's time we all try and get some bloody sleep." Esme grumbled as she stood up from the armchair, making her way over to her husband.

"I agree." Hazel yawned, thanking John and Esme once again for their company before making her way up to her own room, collapsing onto the bed and instantly feeling her eyes grow heavier.