15

Hazel wasn't too keen on working on her birthday, but she decided it was time to go in the pub and face Grace after what she did the other night. Tying her apron around her waist, she caught Grace's eye as she walked in for her shift, making her way straight towards Hazel. "Hazel I'm so s-" she began.

"What the fuck were you thinking Grace?" Hazel hissed in anger. "You could of got us all killed!"

"I know, I'm so sorry. I wanted to prove I could help more within my employment than just adding things up and delivery messages" she spoke back quietly.

"No. when Thomas or I tell you to do something you do it- especially when its a dangerous situation!"

"I don't know why I fired my gun" she shook her head.

"You've broken our trust" Hazel sighed disapprovingly, wiping down the bar as she noticed Harry make his way over.

"Hazel- my brother in Digbeth just said the police are coming down from Deritend in numbers. Asking for Tommy Shelby by name." he informed her, watching the colour fade from her face immediately.

Straight after, the door swung open and Thomas made his way behind the bar, glaring at Grace then opening the door to the storage room, ushering Hazel inside.

"I'm gonna have to lay low for a while" he spoke, his gruff voice and scent taking over the small room.

"They found the guns?" Hazel asked, her voice quiet in hopes that wasn't the case.

"Yeah, lost my only bargaining power- this coppper, it's just me and him now" he sighed, stepping closer to her and brushing her cheek with his hand. "When I get back, there are some things I need to tell you." he spoke softly.

"Harry said the police are already in Digbeth. you took a chance coming here." she whispered.

Suddenly, the door flew open to a panicked Finn Shelby, "The police are in the lane Tommy!" He shouted

Hazel thought fast and grabbed Tommy's hand, "Come with me" she demanded, pulling him out of the garrison.

She tugged him along to a house she knew would be left untouched despite its closeness to home.

"We cant go back home!" Thomas grabbed her to a stop.

"We aren't" she smiled, turning to the door they had stopped at and swiftly grabbing a key from under a plantpot, unlocking the door and shoving Thomas inside, slamming it behind her.

"So you break into peoples houses now ey?" he smirked at the determined look that was beginning to melt off her face as she relaxed again.

"No" she laughed. "This is Mrs Woods house- I know when she's in and when she isn't, I was supposed to be working overnight tonight so she's with Katie- we are fine here for now." she explained.

"You don't have to stay with me" he stated.

"Fine" she rolled her eyes, pretending to turn to open the door.

"No! wait" he stopped her, causing her to laugh. "You weren't gonna leave were you?" he grumbled, defeated.

"Nope" she walked over to him with a smile, removing his cap from his head and placing it on hers. "How do I look?" she grinned mischeviously.

"I don't know how but you look good" he shook his head with a small smile, swiping it back off her head and placing it on the table.

Hazel walked over to the cupboards, rummaging through them before letting out a sigh. "We have tea or.. tea" she pouted, annoyed there wasn't anything stronger.