9

I woke up to Katie snuggled into my side, whom had most likely crawled into my bed in the middle of the night.

"Hey you" I smiled down sleepily as she blinked up at me.

"Hazel. I got scared"

"That's fine my love, come on, up you get. Pol says the shop is busy today and I'm needed" I sighed as I picked out what to wear.

"I thought you worked at the pub" she tilted her head to the side

"I work wherever I'm needed love" I chuckled at her, scraping her hair back and pulling it into a ponytail. "You're going to mrs woods today Katie"

"Yes! I love it there" she celebrated. Mrs woods was a sweet lady who lived a few doors down, she taught Katie alongside Finn and a few other children.

"Well you go along then, I'll see you later" I kissed her forehead before watching her skip off, smiling as I made my way into the shop.

"Good morning pol" I smiled as I sat down next to her, raising my voice slightly to reach over the noise of the vast amount of men in the room.

"Morning my love. Sleep well?" She asked with a coy smile.

"Pol. How the fuck do you know whenever me and tommy do so much as kiss. Do you spy on us or some thing" I laughed shaking my head.

"I see it in his eyes, can smell your perfume on his clothes" she teased, pinching my face.

"Stop it!" I laughed slapping her hands away. "You don't think I'm too young for him do you pol" I spoke up again with a slight sigh.

"Not atall. 9 years difference is nothing when you reach the age you are. You're a mature young woman whose much wiser for your age and you've been through quite literally a war as has he. It won't even be a think that crosses his mind" she spoke calmly, putting my mind at ease and clearing the worries that he'd view me as too young and naive. I had my own insecurities and the thought of being viewed as a toy for someone else was one of them.

Suddenly, the shop doors opened and my face begin to light up as tommy walked through, however the smile quickly vanished as he was followed by Billy Kimber and another man who was at the races.

"Fuck" I spat quietly as he caught my eye.

"Keep your head up girl. He should be the one looking down in shame" Polly demanded, Yanking the ends of my hair slightly which jolted my head up.

A few moments later, Billy had left and Tommy emerged from his office with a sheet of paper in his hand. "Gentlemen" he cleared his throat as everyone turned their attention to him "- and ladies" he added, sending a warm smile me and pols way, "I have in my hand a legal betting license, issued by the board of control. The Shelby family, has its first legal racetrack pitch" he announced with a proud smile, causing the room to fill with cheers and applause.