32

Hazel wasn't sure what to wear to the auction. When she was younger, horses were sold and betted on in muddy fields with jewels and spells as payments.

She decided to still dress in her "casual" attire, but her dress was slightly newer and smarter, and her hair was styled in a half up half down at a slight attempt to keep the crazy flyaways away from her face. She was sure there would be a lot of rich people there, and she wasn't looking forward to being judged- as she usually was by those kind of people.

The night prior, after much convincing from Polly, Hazel finally gave in and slept over at her new house. They spent the night catching up as Michael sat with them, and it was nice to not talk about business for once. Polly spoke fondly to Michael about her childhood which included Hazels mother, and Hazel and Michael were engrossed in conversation about horses for a strangely long time. Hazel would catch herself with a wide smile whenever she saw Polly squeeze Michaels hand lovingly and he returned it.

Hazel smirked as Polly made Michael a large packed lunch, knowing that the boys would certainly have some thing to say about it.

As if her thoughts summoned them- the sound of a horn blaring outside the house snapped Hazel from her thoughts, and her and Michael laughed as Polly stormed out of the door.

"I've told them not to blow that horn. This is a respectable fucking neighbourhood!" Polly yelled.

"You're forgetting, we're Shelbys. We tend not to do respectable." Thomas smirked as he jumped out of the car, swaggering over to the three stood outside of the house.

Hazel noticed he seemed to be in quite a good mood, and was quick to notice he was slightly tipsy as his eyes unapologetically looked her up and down as he licked his lips. Hazel gave him a hard stare, trying to remind him of the whole they have to pretend not to really like each other thing.

"Yeah, well you'll do respectable today when Michael is with you!" Polly warned.

"Don't worry Pol. I'll make sure they behave themselves." Hazel sighed as she placed a kiss on Pollys cheek before heading over to the vehicle- It was a covered wagon, and Hazel wasn't sure as to why Thomas chose that mode of transport, before she took a nosy look round the back to see Curly, Charlie and Arthur staring at her with boyish grins. "-oh." Hazel spoke to herself.

"Don't worry, you don't have to sit back there." Thomas spoke, suddenly appearing next to her making her jump slightly. "John! Get round here!" Thomas shouted.

"What do you want Tom." John frowned as he hopped out of the drivers seat.

"Can't make a lady sit with you boys now John. Get in the back." Thomas ordered, walking away and getting behind the wheel before John could even protest.

"Sorry." Hazel shrugged sheepishly as John rolled his eyes and climbed into the back.

"Hello you." Thomas mumbled as Hazel opened the door to the passenger seat and climbed in next to him.

"Hi." She replied shortly, blushing at his stare.

Thomas took a quick look around, watching as Polly entered back into the house, before leaning in and placing a soft kiss on her lips. His lips lingered on hers slightly, giving her more butterflies than usual, and she placed her hand on the side of his face, feeling his jaw move as he was about to deepen the kiss.

"Tommy. We have some where to be. And passengers." She spoke as she reluctantly pulled away.

"Mhm. They can't see us though." He shrugged.

"Well, we still have some where to be." She looked up at him before turning back round in her seat and facing forward.

"You just don't want to get all hot and bothered." He responded snarkily.