18

1922

It had been 2 years since Hazel had left. 2 years that Thomas Shelby had felt alone and empty without his girl. A discovery he'd made over this time was that he truly was completely and utterly in love with her. Her long dark hair that tickled his face whenever they kissed, her deep brown eyes that comforted him in a way no one else ever could. The way her dimples deepened when she laughed. But most of all her touch and her voice, those were the two things he missed the most. It scared him, to be in love with someone he may never see again but he accepted the feeling more than anything in the world because his love was for her. Each month he'd write a letter to her but throw it in the fire. He couldn't stand the words on paper, he wanted to tell her as he looked into her eyes and brushed his fingers through her hair and felt her soft lips against his. He loved her yet he had shut her out completely, ignoring her letters and her attempts to stay in touch, ignoring it all in a manner as if he hated her. Maybe he did.

28th December, 1920
Thomas sighed as he made his way down stairs, another morning waking up to an empty bed was taking its toll on him, but he had a suprise trip to visit Hazel planned for tomorow. Christmas was bland, just like every year. He watched his brothers get completely wasted and listened to the usual family arguments at dinner, which lasted until everyone had passed out either on the floor or at the table, no one making it to their beds.

A loud pounding at the front snapped him out of his thoughts as it shook the whole house, he stayed still for a moment, but then the pounding continued- this time louder and faster, he swung the door open to reveal the girl he loves. The girl he loves drenched in rain, with eyes riddled with tears. The girl he loves with a broken heart. The second Hazel saw him she collapsed into his arms, her cries becoming wails and screams of pain. Even the simplest of men would of known what had happened.

Pollys footsteps came rushing towards the pair as he cradled Hazel on the ground, her hand flying to her mouth as she saw the state she was in. "No" Polly shook her head violently in disbelief.

"She's gone- Katies gone" Were the words Hazel managed to get out before she passed out in Thomas's arms from the consequence of pure emotional pain.

A/N
This wasn't an easy decision, and writing this rly made me so sad :( also I know this is short, the next few chapters will be to give a bit of a clue as to everything that has gone on, but prepare urself for a bit of a rollercoaster ! X