8

"Tommy, we've been done over!" Finn shouted breathlessly, making us all jump to our feet and dart back over to the shop.

Just before entering the shop, I stopped Finn and spun him round to face me, "Finn my love, where's Katie? You were supposed to be playing" I asked, worry set in stone on my face.

"She wanted to go see Tommy's car, she'll be there now" he replied with a grin, a wave of relief washing over me.

"What the bloody hell happened here" I heard Arthur's voice as I walked into the shop, shocked at the sight before me, chairs and tables were turned over with stuff tossed all over the floor, and scudboat was sat looking defeated with a bloody face.

"The lees, all of them. Cousins, nephews, even their bastards" scudboat spat.

"They've taken anythung they can lay their hands on" I spoke out looking around the now empty shop, this time anger washing over me. This was our home and the lees think they can come in and threaten who ever they want and take whatever they want.

"Four cash boxes" Polly spoke, her angry tone of voice matching mine.

"They left these" Tommy finally spoke out, holding up a pair of wire cutters.

"Why would they leave wire cutters?" I frowned in confusion.

"Nobody move" Arthur said fearfully, causing dread to wash over me.

"I think our friends are playing a game" Tommy said clenching his jaw

"What game?" I replied in frustration, making my way to check over an office room that was also wrecked.

"Hazel!" John yelped, stretching his arms out and stopping me from going anywhere. "Don't. Touch. Anything"

"Erasmus Lee was in France." Tommy began, causing scutboat to curse while standing up slowly. "Whenever we gave up ground to the Germans, we'd leave behind booby traps, set up with wires and we'd leave wire cutters, as part of the joke" Tommy finished.

"Somewhere in here there is a hand grenade" John declared, the dread washing over me intensifying.

"Holy shit" I breathed out.

"Attached to a wire, don't move any chairs or open any doors." Arthur begun to slowly walk around the room.

"No, it's not in here. If it was in here it would of blown by now. It was my name on that bullet Erasmus sent. He's set up a trap alright, but he's set it up just for me." Tommy spoke

"Well where the fuck would that be?" Polly retorted.

"My best guess is me fucking car" Tommy grumbled.

"Oh my god." I whispered, feeling like I was about to throw up. "Katie and Finn, they're there, they're fucking there" I cried out, running out the door with no more hesitation, Tommy following behind me.

Arriving at where tommy keeps his car, my breath hitched in my throat as I saw the two playing, pretending to drive the car.

"Finn, Katie, stay exactly where you are" I spoke, holding out my hand which was beginning to shake.

"We was pretending we were you Tom" Finn giggled innocently.

"Which door did you open to come in?" Tommy edged closer to the car.

"We didn't, we climbed in" Katie smiled.

"I want you two to climb out the exact way you climbed out, okay?" Tommy replied, worry washing over his features.

In a split second, Katie pushed open the door with a giggle as Finn followed behind her.

"NO" I screamed out as the wire was pulled, sprinting over to the two of them and shielding them with my body as Tommy grabbed the Grenade and threw it into the street. I felt Tommy's arms wrap around me just as the grenade exploded, causing my ears to ring and the nightmares of my past to flash by my eyes once again.