40

After only 2 days of the couple being newlyweds, business had whisked Thomas away to London. He'd tried his best to keep Hazel in the loop, but insisted that it wasn't safe to talk over the phone.

Meanwhile, Polly and Hazel had tried to keep an eye on the rest of the peaky boys, trying their best to keep them out of trouble- which of course, hadn't worked, because Hazel was now sat in the office with Polly and Lizzie, trying to comfort Lizzie as she had spent the last hour crying her eyes out.

John Shelby thought it would be a good idea to piss off the Changretta family with unnecessary threats after hearing about the relationship between Lizzie and Angel. He then thought it would be a good idea, due to his anger over Polly telling him to apologise, to hunt Angel Changretta down and blind him.

"I can't fucking believe him." Lizzie growled through gritted teeth, her sadness soon turning into anger.

"Look liz- Angel is in hospital. They think he'll be alright." Hazel tried to comfort her.

"Oh Hazel you couldn't actually care whether he's alright or not." Lizzie scoffed and Hazel rolled her eyes.

"The boys told you to stop seeing him." Polly shrugged.

"Oh and suddenly I can't see who I want!" Lizzie let out an exasperated laugh.

"Out of all the men you chose a Changretta? You know our boys have had tensions with that family for years. I'm not sticking up for John. He's a bloody idiot. But I don't want you crying over Angel anymore." Polly replied, lighting a cigarette as she watched Lizzie shoot up from her chair.

"This whole family can fuck off." Lizzie grumbled under her breath as she stormed out of the room.

"See you at work liz!" Hazel called after her, knowing she'd be back after a couple of days.

"That went well." Polly sighed, her attention snapping toward the front door opening again, however this time it was Arthur and John entering.

The pairs unusual silence made it obvious they were both angry at each other- Arthur had also wanted to avoid any conflict, likely due to Linda, and he was angry that John had gone against him. John was angry at Arthur for not acting "how he used to."

"Hello boys." Hazel hummed, knowing she shouldn't find any of the situation amusing, but their childlike behaviour made it hard for her and Polly to cover a smirk.

The front door slamming shut once more and the sound of fast paced footsteps was an obvious sign that Tommy was home, and Hazel felt relief wash over her as he entered the room. His eyes met hers first and he sent a small smile her way before clearing his throat and letting his cold expression take over his face once again.

"Right Finn thanks for coming now fuck off." Arthur broke the silence as he watched his youngest brother follow Thomas sheepishly into the room.

"Finn, you can stay." Thomas spoke instantly, causing Arthur to shove his hands in his pockets as the scowl on his face grew bigger.

"Sit down John." Thomas instructed, and John did as he said.

"John, you cut Angel Changretta. Even though Arthur told you to apologise. Polly told you to compromise- you chose not to listen to Mr apologise or Mrs compromise." Thomas began as John shuffled slightly in his seat, refusing to make eye contact.

"- And now I've got an Italian in my backyard saying he's going to kill my brother. So what do we do John? Do we apologise or do we compromise?" Thomas questioned, and the silence lingered for a bit too long until Arthur broke it.

"Oh it was just some thing he said as a joke." Arthur sniffed.

"Yeah but he's your brother aswell Arthur." Thomas pointed.