14

Hazel woke up exhausted, a migraine itching at her brain- probably from all the nightmares that wanted to seep in from the events of the night, but her Tommy wouldn't let them. When they finally entered the house last night, they went straight to her bed with no hesitation and they talked. They talked and talked until the hum of their voices sent them both to sleep. Hazel talked about how she wishes she could feel and act her age- young, carefree, partying- but how her head blocked all those luxuries when she came back from the war. Thomas was the only luxury her brain seemed to allow. Thomas talked about his father, how he was a selfish bastard who would never be welcomed back into the family, but also how much it hurt him to see his face. Thomas also talked about the vague memories he had with his mother, how they'd ride horses together, how much she would of loved his Hazel.

Thomas stirred slightly, his arms still tightly wrapped around Hazels body, and she nuzzled her face into his neck, relishing in finally waking up next to him and not an empty bed. He still managed to look perfect even when asleep- his messed up hair making him look even sexier.

"I know your staring at me" he grumbled, his morning voice made butterflies stir in her stomach.

"Sorry" she smiled sheepishly, a crimson blush pinching at her cheeks. She felt his chest move from a slight chuckle.

Thomas smiled at the sound of her voice being the first thing he heard, rather than Arthurs or Pollys or Johns. She made him feel calm and grounded. His eyes widened slightly, realising they were still in the same day that they fell asleep in, and he sat up suddenly, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed and standing up, reaching for his coat.

"Jeez, did I creep you out that much" Hazel rolled her eyes, pulling the covers up to her neck as she watched him look for something in his coat pockets. "Need a hand?"

"Nah. got it" he replied, Hazels eyes focused on the box that was now in his hands. Her attention was now fully grasped, and she sat up slowly, a big yawn escaping her mouth.

Thomas made his way back over to the bed, and rested his back on the headboard, his legs stretched out. He grabbed Hazel by the waist causing her to giggle and placed her in between his legs. She contently settled into his body as he rested his chin on her head.

"You forgot to tell me something important" He mumbled, slowly placing the box into her hands.

"Oh god" she sighed. "I told Polly to keep her mouth shut."

"Lovely response to me handing you a gift" he laughed. "Happy birthday you tit" he said mischeviously.

"Oi!" Hazel scolded, playfully pushing her elbow behind her and jabbing it into tommys side.

"Open it then" he spoke, his tone seemed slightly nervous.

"Yes boss"she retorted, pulling off the lid of the box, a gasp leaving her lips. Sat elegantly on a emerald cushion was the most beautiful bracelet she had ever seen. It was perfect- not too much but just enough to catch the eyes of who ever were to be near.

"Real diamonds." Thomas spoke. "The whole thing."

"Oh Tommy" she spoke softly, in awe of the jewels as they sparkled in the light.  "I didn't need any presents- and I can't even begin to imagine how expensive it was. you shouldn't have!" she exclaimed, sitting up and turning her body so she was sat on her knees, now facing him.

"But you like it?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I love it" she smiled, her fingers running along it delicately.

"Here." he reached for the bracelet, gently taking her wrist and putting it on for her. it fit her delicate wrists so perfectly. "And it didn't cost me a penny" he carried on, breathing in slightly, "It was my mothers."