2. Yell At Me, Baby!

- Yo, man, you still here? - Kat frowned at a sudden shake from someone he couldn't recognise. - Not to be rude or so, but don't you have like some people to save or something like that, man?

- Yeah, yeah... give me a sec.

- Whatever man, I'm going to take a piss, when I'm back...

- I won't be here, don't worry.

- Attaboy. - a guy with beard and quirky horns slapped Bakugou's ass, laughing at his joke. Not everyday could you sleep with a pro hero now, could you? He would make sure all his best pals got to know about his last night's luck.

Upon arrival, Kat found a neatly looking lounge room, and heard some voices coming from the bathroom. Miss Bee must have had a free morning. He quietly sneaked to the bedroom, luckily for him, already cleaned.

- I hear you, boy, don't you dare entering here with those dirty, smelly shoes, you get me? And if I find dirty underwear on the floor again, I'm putting pictures and selling it online, so watch yourself, mister hero!

- Ai, ai, madam! I won't do that anymore! 

Something in Ms Bee's voice made Kat feel warmth in his stomach and made him involuntarily smile. Was it because her voice is so similar to his mother's? 

At home, as a kid and teenager, Katsuki used to be very disciplined and neat. Each item had its place, each hour was dedicated to something, whether study, training, sleeping or so called family time. He knew he was working hard towards his scope which fuelled his self-discipline.

Still, he would forget himself sometimes and get scolded by his mother. At the time, he hated her screaming. He knew, all right, no need to yell at him a hundred times for not putting dirty socks in the laundry. Kirishima, on the other hand, never yelled. If he didn't like dirty socks next to their king-size bed, he would take them and throw them right on Katsuki's face with a childish smile. 'Next time I see those, I'll make you eat them, Katsuki!' - he would say, laughing at his own brilliant idea. 

Now, all Kat got left were plenty of dirty socks in his bedroom, and no one to yell at him. Excluding the lady who he specifically paid to clean them up. Why would he smile whilst being yelled at for such a stupid thing?

It didn't take long for Kat to fall asleep again. Although he slept pretty heavily all night, being strongly influenced by the alcohol in his veins and spooned by an unfamiliar body, he struggled with episodes of insomnia, nightmares based on traumatic events from his work, guilt and regrets he has collected during the last years, or simply due to overuse of his muscles. Not that he had many chances of doing something special - every intervention needs to be documented, after all. 

Twenty minutes of spectacular hero work, fire explosions, cuffing villains and screams of excited crowds - two days of paperwork. Dull, tedious, stupid, shitty, fucking paperwork. At some point, Kat got convinced his back hurts not from battles, but from sitting at his desk for hours and filling government documents, statements, inspection surveys, quirk-use permissions and tons of other documents he has no patience to read carefully. Not because he's stupid - there are simply so many, he stopped reading them after first year at work.

It is not surprising then, that he would try to sleep or relax in his free time, between day and night office shifts and street patrols. And, in his case and at this point of his life, this means two things: sleeping or drinking. Eventually playing games (not too intellectual ones, as his brain is too foggy after all the thinking he puts into his work as a hero), eating (not too much, as he's prone to gain weight pretty easily at this age), or going to his favourite club. Seven years ago, he would add to the list watching series and going for walks with Kirishima. Three years ago, he would add arguing with Kirishima.

Well, he has no one to argue with now.