3. When Dreams Come True

- Hey, Kacchan!

- How many times did I ask you to stop calling me that? We're not 7 anymore!

- Sorry, Kacchan, it's just l really like it...

- I don't. Now, what do you want? - Katsuki rolled his eyes internally, staring at his computer's screen. Today both him and Izuku were having desk shifts at the Pro Agency and it took three coffees to keep the blonde in his seat. 'Why didn't Aizawa mention all these fucking reports ten years ago, I swear I would think twice when choosing a career!'

- Well, I was wondering if you received my letter, sorry, our letter...

- Maybe. - the pro hero focused on a very interesting part about increased rate of his life insurance based on the regular use of drug substances, so much more interesting than the guy standing at his left - the guy who just has had it all - a beautiful house with a pool, a loving mother, a life partner he was about to marry... the number one podium in the hero classification.

- Well, if I counted the days right, you should have. I just wanted to say sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't know whose name I should put in the wedd...

- I don't know what you're talking about.

- You... don't? - Izuku froze for a second. How innocent. How caring. It made Katsuki puke in disgust. - Oh... maybe I counted the days in some wrong way, I'm sure I didn't take weekends into account, based on everyone's feedback you should be able to receive our wedd...

- The cleaning lady must have thrown away ehatever you sent me. She always does that. Sorry not sorry. - Kat stood up abruptly, ready to leave. - Now move, Deku, I have things to do.

Just as he was about to leave this stinky, cramped room he hated so much, the boss entered the room. Talk about poor timing.

- Good to see you around, Bakugou. Do you have a moment?

- Sorry boss, I need to...

- This wasn't a question.

The Number Four pro hero trembled, as the giant glass door got closed behind his back.

- Tell me one reason for which I should not fire you here and now. 

At least ten reasons why the boss SHOULD fire him came to Katsuki's mind, as he stared at the floor like a mischievous boy caught in the middle of some not so innocent prank.

1. I hate all this paperwork you put me through. Not that other agencies wouldn't, they all do - this only pays a little bit better.

2. I'm tired of sweeping the city's streets with my sweat and blood, getting little to no recognition.

3. Strict agency's policy prevents me from using my quirk to its fullest, sending for patrols in cramped areas, where one blast could bring more harm than good.

4. All other pro heroes working here are fucking motherfuckers, starting with fucking Number One Hero (fuck his life!), ending with people whose names I don't even know. And even so, they walk the corridors and others are smiling at them, stopping for a chat, inviting for Friday beer or karaoke. Why does no one invite me to karaoke?

5. My commission is a fucking joke, I'm supposed to be the forth strongest in this fucking country and I'm not able to pay off my part of the mortgage for a house I'm not even living in, and costs of these thief asses lawyers for the divorce. Not to mention the never ending debt on my late father's stay in the hospital after the accident.

6. I hate you and your stupid face.

7. I could leave you and fund my own agency for real heroes, the ones fighting real crime, the ones that bother more about winning for real and less about their monthly stats, fanbase and Instagram likes.

8. This place was supposed to let me grow and become Number One Hero. Instead, I keep living in Deku's shadow, never given the best missions and always paired with some losers.

9. You care more about keeping the politicians happy than keeping the citizens relatively safe. Why would you have prioritised upcoming elections instead of kids' safety at that time, four years ago, when one of some fat ass senator's kids blew up the whole building, even though EVERYONE knew what kind of mentally unstable motherfucker he was? Only because he happened to be some rich guy's son? Apologies, to all the parents who lost their children because some fat pig wanted to procreate fifteen years earlier, I guess.

10. It wasn't supposed to be like that. I was supposed to be the best hero. Number One Hero. Rich and respected. Loved by the crowds and feared by the villains. Kirishima's husband. My Kirishima's. And you couldn't even adjust my work schedule to avoid so many all-nighters, despite my requests sent over and over, no surprise he got fed up with me and my work problems I couldn't shove off. Eight years of service, of intense trainings, tedious admin, long shifts, and on top of all this, that silly therapist you keep in the well-being room, so he can talk all this bullshit he can possibly come up with when jerking off in the shower, he's totally the worst in the whole office! Excluding Deku, of course. But he's the second and really close.

It didn't take long to realise why he should not be fired.

1. I need money.

2. No other agency wants me.

3. I am in no position of starting my own agency with all the debt and reputation I've got.

I'm basically fucked.

- Did I do something wrong, sir? - Katsuki asked quietly, trying to sound innocent. Not that he knew what was the reason for this sudden meeting.

- Oh I'm sorry, I thought your hearing is getting worse, not your memory. - The pro hero frowned at a painful reminder of the side effect of his quirk. He's become very conscious of his hearing and tries his best at avoiding loud sounds. Excluding the club's loud music, some yelling at Kirishima, when there was someone to yell at, and some other details. - Let me remind you, though. Seven months ago, mister Vishido, the jewellery shop.

Katsuki tried to remember the case. Of course, with the number of patrolling hours he was given, came tens of cases that were not as spectacular as the ones given to Deku, but difficult enough to suck his energy and earn some fracture or a bruise here and there.