19. Number One Villain

- Why did Kiri leave you? - Bakugou asked quietly, buried in a pile of blankets, head included.

 After their walk, he took a quick shower, buried himself on the bed and didn't move for around 2 hours, waiting for Kat to join him in the bedroom. He just loved the comforting feeling of a closed space, a fluffy hole smelling like burnt caramel and cheap washing powder, where no harm could reach him. Also, he was very touch-starved but there was no one around to hug. Guessed he could take as many blankets as possible, surprised that Kat somehow possessed so many of them around the house. There was one with Red Riot on it but Bakugou left it untouched. 

- Why are you still here? - Kat barked, losing all patience he was showing earlier. He was tired of being so considerate. So stupidly polite. He wasn't used to not being an arrogant bitch for so long. In all honesty, it did pay off, by offering him one of the best days of the last few years. But no, of fucking course, shitty teenage virgin had to destroy it with one stupid question. Like it wasn't obvious from the start Katsuki had no intention of touching this subject. 

- Why did Kiri leave you? 

- Turn the light off, it's getting late. 

- Why did Kiri leave you?

- I said turn the light off, it's getting...

- What did you do to Ei?

If Katsuki was a cartoon character, a little lamp would light up right above his head right now. Did he hear correctly? 'What did you do to Ei' - not 'What happened between you and Ei', certainly not 'What did Ei do to you' - no, this one was out of question. 

This 15-years old little fucker knew it. He knew himself well enough, at such an early stage, that he instinctively blamed Katsuki for whatever happened between the once married couple. The same rationale as earlier, when he asked what Katsuki did for being kicked out of his parents' house. Like it is so fucking obvious Kat is responsible for all shit around him. 

Of course he is. Duh. Kat is the one to be blamed. It just hurt so badly, it hurt physically in his chest, being attacked by his younger self. Is this because Bakugou is feeling in his bones already that one day he's going to become Number One Villain? 

Kat hesitated for a moment, then moved closely to the blanket pile.

- Are you gonna shut up if I hug you? - He pulled what seemed to be a human form under all the materials, and hugged closely, careful not to choke the little one. 

- Here, here... You're pretty cool when I can't see your shitty face, you know? - Kat whispered softly. He surprised himself with his own words. They came spontaneously. Just like that. He didn't have any amazing psychological strategy worked out in his head before giving himself a compliment, of a doubtful quality but still a compliment, and it felt out of place. But nice. 

- Shut up. My face isn't shitty. Yours is.

- Nah man, yours is pretty shitty too. You look like you want to shit all the time. - Kat chuckled at his own joke, just to be kicked in his stomach. This little one has had a real problem with physical violence. Was it always the case? Why did no one stop him? Why did no one stop him before things went wrong?!

- EXCUSE YOU, YOU DAMN BITCH?! 

- Come on man, have you ever looked in the mirror? What's with this never-disappearing frown? This 'y'all piss me off you extras' look like they don't know it already?! You're giving me pretty deep wrinkles, look, here! - Kat turned on the light to show a lion's wrinkle decorating his face. Both looked at each other, noticing their facial expressions were similar. Furrowed brows. Pursed lips. Anger all over their features. The only difference was that when Bakugou was showing off his anger proudly, Katsuki was fucking fed up with this shit.

- Well, you're giving me a damn headache. Turn the lights off. 

- Actually, I'm not turning off shit before you tell me honestly. Why are you so angry all the time?

- Like you don't know, you old fucker?!

- To be honest, I don't, I don't remember what has kept me so pissed off for years! Tell me. Why are you so damn angry all the time? Try to explain. I'm letting you speak so fucking do it.

- If I do, will you tell me what you did to Ei? 

Katsuki hesitated for a moment. This is the only thing he can't reveal. Not in a damn hundred years. As much as he loathed his teen version, the same way he loathed himself, he still didn't want to hurt the younger one. During the last days he's become oddly protective, seeing Bakugou not as himself but as someone from his family. Someone to protect and care for. Not to stab in the back.

- Come on, you're gonna tell me eventually, let's trade. I'll tell you why I'm angry and you'll tell me what you did to Ei. 

- Fine. But not today. I'm tired as hell. 

- Tomorrow then?

- Only if you're a good boy. 

Here. Bakugou just elbowed him. 

Nothing serious. Merely an offensive gesture for pissing him off. 15-years-old teen whom no one told this kind of behaviour is bad. Not that he doesn't know, not that he needs schooling like a baby. But still... the only way his mother had reacted to him throwing tantrums and punches (mostly at pillows or whatever object happened to lay around), was throwing louder tantrums and punching him. Katsuki's stomach flinched at this discovery. 

He understood he was being raised to become his mother one day. 

Way before he started throwing tantrums. 

And punches.