33. This Time For Real

- Oi, oi, stop running, you damn brats!

- Or what, you're gonna explode us? Hahaha! Loser!!

Kat sighed deeply, shoving his hands to his pockets.

It's been two weeks since he got hired as a security assistant in one of the biggest shopping malls in Tokyo.

Did he hate this job, coming from a pro hero to a corridors' sweeper?
Yes.

Did he hate being humiliated by disrespectful brats who recognised him and made bullying him their post-school hobby?
Yes.

Did he desperately need money because he was facing termination of his rent contract, extra fees on hospital bills and a % on half-assed jewellery store fuckup, not mentioning paying Kiri back for the house he used to live in but fucked it up?
Hell yes!

- Damn brats... I hope they fall... - an old security guard mumbled, getting closer to Katsuki. - Here, take a sandwich, go for a break.

Kat took the lunch and went to eat it in his favourite spot: at the roof of the building.

The wind was blowing so hard that Kat couldn't hear anything, but he didn't mind. As long as he managed to light his cigarette and spend fifteen minutes unbothered, he was fine.

It's been two months since he last talked to Kirishima. His dear, lovely Kirishima Eijiro...
Kat was so damn sure that Bakugou would have visited Kiri! He wasn't sure what the youngster would say but his goddamn instinct was whispering that it was true.

Anyways.

The past is the past.

And Bakugou, this lovely 15-years old kid who managed to turn Katsuki's life upside down in a span of around three weeks, is now part of the past.

-----

- Kacch... K-Katsuki, hi! Deku here!

- I know, idiot, I know who I'm calling.

- Oh, sure, you just don't call that often... Anyways... What's up? Is it about the wed...

- I need your help.

A moment of silence.

- You're calling me to ask for help.

- Yes, goddamnit, is it illegal out of nowhere? Last time I checked, friends were supposed to be helping people?

Somewhere in another part of the city Izuku Midoriya, who has been just called a friend by Katsuki Bakugou, blushed crazy, gaining a surprised frown from his fiancée.

- S-sure, tell me, what can I do for you, Katsuki?

Kat hesitated for a moment.

He knew what he wanted and what he needed. He also knew it was a matter of now or never because there's no way in hell he could muster so much courage once again in his life. He wanted to do it well, for the sake and dear memory of Bakugou - his younger self.

- I need money.

- Oh... Sure, I can borrow you as much as you need... What do you...

- Not your business. Can you help me or not?

- Yes. I'll send you whatever you need.

- Good. The sooner the better. Also, thank you.

Katsuki sighed deeply, lighting another cig.

This call cost him damn lot but he felt it'd be worth it.
All these memories Bakugou brought to the surface, all these emotions Kat tried to bury under tons of self-loath and remorse. All those pains he endured that led to who he was today.