𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - 𝙽𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎- 𝚆𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝙰 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎, 𝙷𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚆𝚎 𝙳𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝙱𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎?

𝗪𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗲𝘁,𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘁~!𝗖𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝘁,𝗗𝗼𝘄𝗻~ 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲~!-Delight, Jamie Berry———————————————-Midoriya opened hi...

𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘁~!
𝗖𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝘁,
𝗗𝗼𝘄𝗻~ 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲~!
-Delight, Jamie Berry
———————————————-
Midoriya opened his eyes. He was met with blinding white, and he groaned. His eyes finally adjusted, and he saw that he was in the hospital. He laughed quietly. "Wouldn't be the first time..." he mumbled to no one in particular. He sat up and saw that he was the first awake in the group. He looked at everyone. They all had minor injuries, thank god. Kai had healed up all their major injuries, and was going to heal the minor ones, until the Nomu grabbed her. Speaking of Kai, he looked at her. Kai was hooked up to machines, most of them checking her vitals, but there was one IV inserted in her arm. Around her torso there were white bandages. On a bedside table, there were tons of red bandages. On another table, there was Kai's hoodie with a note attached. He curiously stood up and walked to the table and read the note.

Hiya K! We heard that you got into another fight! You gotta stop doing that, me + the others don't know how much of this we can take :/

I want you out of that school. I already knew that these guys were iffy when they searched your room without a warrant. But, they won't let me unenroll you. They say you're 'under watch', even though I say that in your free time, you mostly chill in your room, watching YouTube and reading books, working at the café, and going out. They then tried to blame it on us by saying that we didn't watch you while you were going out. I then told them that you always go out with two of their students, Midoriya and Iida, I think? They got silent and just told me the same thing, that 'you're under watch' . I always ask you if you want out of there, but it's always the same answer: "Yeah, sometimes everyone sucks, but I've got two good friends who help a lot." You're so strong. You go through all this, and yet you're still the smiley girl you were before everything. If I were in your shoes, I don't think I could do half of what you do.

I don't know why I'm telling you this. I guess 'cause I don't want to hide this stuff from you.

Get well soon, we all miss you!

- Peggy
Midoriya was shocked. Rightfully so, I mean, what are you supposed to feel when the people you look up to for your whole life turn out to suck, even more so then you first thought? He shook his head. Nevermind that. He grabbed her hoodie, and he looked at the sleeping form of Kai. She was clutching a pillow and shivering. He unfolded the hoodie and then he heard a groaning noise and Todoroki's voice saying, "Midoriya, what are you doing?" Midoriya turned to him "Kai's cold, I'm just giving her hoodie to her." He said monotonously. Midoriya was tired of Todoroki's bull. Heck, he was tired of everyone's bull. Kai was trying her best to stay out of 1-A's way, yet they found a way to hate her nonetheless. He lifted Kai up, and slipped her head through the neck hole. She slumped back  down right after, which made him chuckle. He then began to slip one of her arms through her sleeves when she woke up. Her chocolate orbs flitted around the room, before landing on Midoriya. "Eep!" She squeaked out. She backed into a corner. She looked at him. "Okay, are you also getting a strong sense of déjà vu?" She laughed out. "Yep, I'm pretty sure this is exactly what happened the first time we ever met." He said. They laughed together, waking Iida up. "What's going on?" Iida asked. Kai wiped a tear. "Nothin'." She said. Suddenly the door opened, revealing three of the heroes from the kids internships and a man wearing a suit with a dog head. "Wait, why does he have a dog head?" She whispered to Midoriya. "It's his quirk. He's also the police chief." Midoriya whispered back. She slumped in her bed mumbling "I can't do this crud anymore." An older man turned to Midoriya. "I could yell at you for hours right now, but first you have a visitor." The chief then started, "Stain has some serious injuries. Severe burns and several broken bones, plus some damage to the genitalia." Kai looked to the side. She didn't like being scolded. "Right now, he's in the hospital under strict guard, woof." Kai almost burst out laughing. "C'mon, he's a dog, he probably can't help it! Whatever you do, DO. NOT. LAUGH." Kai thought. The chief then continued, "Here's a lesson you should've already learned. When Quirks became the norm, the police force sought to maintain the status quo. They decided we wouldn't use Quirks as weapons. That's when heroes came in. They could do what we couldn't. If they were licensed, of course, woof. It would be impossible for police to condone the use of deadly Quirks. After all, we're here to stop such harm from being done." The chief said.
"Minus the legal mumbo jumbo...hey, I wasn't told this! Do I have to stay here?" Kai spoke.
She was ignored as he continued, "The only reason pros can use their powers now is because of the strict code of ethics that the early heroes chose to abide by. That's why it's against the law for uncertified people to use their Quirks to cause injury." Kai mumbled, "What about self defense?" He kept going, "Whether you were up against the Hero Killer or not, none of you had the authority to harm the villain. That means the three of you and your supervisors- Endeavor, Manual, Grand Torino and Gang Orca- should receive harsh punishments for this gross abuse of your powers." Kai, for some reason, felt as if the message was directed more towards her than anyone else. "Now wait a minute. If Iida had not stepped in, Native would've been murdered" Todoroki started. Kai turned and started chanting, "Fight! Fight! Fight! Gods, I wish I had my phone." She assumed Native was the hero that Iida had saved, and that Todoroki was about to fight the cop dude, which would be hilarious. Todoroki looked at her judgmentally and continued, "And if not for Midoriya, both of them would be dead." Then Midoriya butted in, "Okay, I have no means to argue with our punishment, but give credit where credit is due. If it wasn't for Kai, we would've all died." Todoroki looked at him, "Debatable."
Kai was pretty sure that Dori was going to curse him out.
Todoroki continued, "No one else even realized that the Hero Killer was in Hosu." Dori looked ticked off. "WHAT ABOUT KAI?!" Kai chuckled, which seemed to calm him down. Todoroki ranted some more, "Are you saying that we should've just stood by and watched people die?" Dori looked at him, "Dude, please calm the heck down." The chief then spoke, "So it's okay to break the law as long is it goes your way?" Kai groaned, "Ughhhhh, y'all are giving me a headache!" Midoriya looked at her and smiled sympathetically as Todoroki asked, "But, sir, isn't it a hero's job to save people?" Kai groaned and said, "If it'll get you to shut up faster, he's not saying that. He's saying that you can do that, just do it legally." Ignored again as the chief spoke, "This is why you're not a full-fledged pro yet. It's obvious U.A. and Endevor haven't been teaching you near enough. What a shame." Kai grumbled, "Alright, just gonna ignore the gal with the headache. Well screw you too." Midoriya patted her head and left his hand there. Kai reached up and touched his hand. "Thank you Dor- Midoriya." At the gesture, Midoriya exploded into red. "Y-You're welcome." Todoroki angrily spat at the chief, "You dammed mutt!" Kai then gasped, "Dude! Keep it PG! Plus, that's rude." Iida spoke up, "Todoroki! Listen, he's right!" The older hero, Grand Torino then spoke, "Stop there, kid. You'll wanna hear him out 'till the end." Kai gasped with faux horror, "THERE'S MORE?!" The chief said, "What I've said is the official stance of the police department." Kai then sat up and tilted her head. The chief continued, "But, any punishment would only be necessary if this went public. If it did, you'd probably be applauded by citizens everywhere. But there's no way you could escape from being reprimanded. On the other hand, we could say Endeavor saved the day. Stain's burns would support the story completely and we could pretend you weren't involved, woof. Thankfully, there were very few witnesses. This could be the last you heard of any punishments. It would mean no one would know about you, though. You'd receive no acclaim at all. The choice is yours. Personally, I know where I stand." He gave the four a thumbs up. "I don't wanna damage any promising young careers. Not for a mistake like this." Manual, the hero Iida interned with, then spoke, "Either way, we'll need to take responsibility for being negligent as supervisors." Iida nodded solemnly and bowed. "I'm sorry. I should've listened." Manual chopped him on the head. "Yeah! You caused us a lot of trouble! Remember that, and don't do it again." Iida responded with, "Sir!" Dori apologized as well, "And...I apologize as well." Todoroki agreed, "Me too. We'll leave it to you." Kai sighed and leaned back. "I guess I'm sorry as well, but I dunno. Back where I'm from, doing what we did wasn't illegal. It was celebrated. The mark of a hero. It just feels... unfair. I'll try not to do it anymore, but no promises. I was raised upon those beliefs, and I'm usually not swayed by one good speech." The chief then started, "I know it's not fair. You won't enjoy any of the fame and praise you probably would've recived otherwise. But, at least, allow me, as the chief of police, to thank you." Todoroki looked to the side, "Y'know, you could've started with that." Midoriya smiled at him. "Todoroki..." Kai smiled at everyone. They were okay. Kai flopped down onto the bed. "Phew! I'm not goin' to jail." Midoriya looked at her confused. "Why'd you think you were going to jail?" Kai looked at him. "Dude, remember, everyone thinks I'm evil. Surprised I wasn't blamed for the whole attack." Midoriya smiled. "You know I'd bake you a cake with a gun in it.*" Midoriya's eyes widened and he looked at the chief. "That was a joke. I don't have any access to a gun." Luckily, the talk the four were given didn't end with Kai or Midoriya in cuffs, but instead ended with Kai bursting out into laughter.