twelve.

SERENITY

What I loved the most about The Notebook was Noah and Allie's desire for one another. They were flawed people who made many mistakes but they loved each other, and in the end that love prevailed. They were explosive, passionate, everything I wanted in a relationship. It might not have sounded like the healthiest choice but I wanted a love that was going to be memorable. A love that would be hard to forget and cherished forever.

My frequent flings and one-night stands weren't even close to my Notebook fantasy, but I still held out hope that one day I'd have a love worth writing about.

I looked down at the slightly mildewed book and smiled before placing it on top of Noah's freshly washed sweatpants. I would return both as soon as I dropped Bev off back at her brother's house. I had read the book throughout the day, sneaking a few pages while I waited for Beverly to try on ensembles. She was impressed with my ability to read so fast especially with so many distractions around me.

I was an English major, I wouldn't have survived if I was a slow reader.

"I think I have everything I need," she examined the bags and nodded her head satisfied with all of her purchases. I took it easy today, only picking up a pair of pumps and a new purse. Vanessa would've been so proud of me.

"Yeah me too, why don't we eat before I drop you off?"

"Great, I'm starving."

I took her to a restaurant that was about ten minutes from my house. It was one of my favorites, I visited there so often management gave me meals on the house. I always left a big tip for the waiter or waitress though.

"Serenity! The regular for you?" I smiled at the older woman and nodded, "yes ma'am." Margo was the woman who owned the little restaurant. It was only local to my specific area which made the food even more delicious somehow. She had been running the place for twenty-some years and planned to pass it down to her grandchildren once she passed. She was one of the sweetest women I'd ever met, my heart would break when she inevitably left this world.

"And what would you like dear?" Bev quickly scanned the menu before requesting a Cobb salad, another one of my favorites.

"We'll put those right in for you." Margo grabbed the menus and flawed a warm smile before walking away. "I have to say, you didn't strike me as a bacon cheeseburger and fries kind of girl." You'd be surprised how often I got that. I tried my best to eat healthily but I would always cave for Margo's cooking.

"My guilty pleasure, " I teased.

We chatted while waiting for our food and I discovered that Bev's next trip was to Germany. She'd stay there for a month and then go directly to Italy and stay there for another month before returning to the states. I had to say I envied her freedom and passion for life. I was independent but I never had the guts to travel by myself let alone explore the world. She may have been younger than me but she was someone to look up to.

"What I'd like to know is if you had any sorted love affairs on your trips?" Spending a month of passion with a stranger from another country sounded like it came straight out of a romance novel. I'd have to live through her if she had that going for her as well.

"There was this one girl in London that I liked, " She smiled and played with her salad.

"I love it, tell me more!"

They met at a pub on Bev's first night in the city. They got along nicely and the little vixen took her back to her hotel after they'd left the pub. They spent the rest of her trip together and the woman who I now know to be named June showed her around the best spots in London. Their goodbye was slightly sentimental considering their time together, but she tried not to dwell on it. They both knew their time together wouldn't last.