Thirty

S E R E N I T Y

It was Halloween which meant it had been a full week since I made that bet with Noah. It was no surprise that I was the winner and rest assured I was going to make Noah regret ever doubting me. I almost didn't even want to start drinking again, almost.

I had also done a lot of thinking over the past few days and decided that I was going to keep this trip with Jane to myself at least for a short while. I knew my friends and family would tell me to go, but I just wasn't ready to make a decision yet. I wanted the choice to be mine and mine alone.

In the meantime, I invited Alec and Vanessa over to my house so we could all drive to the party together. Alec was our DD so he wasn't drinking tonight. That, and he had a business trip to leave for early the next morning. He was an angel for letting Vanessa drag him to a party.

"You're not bringing the fake needle? You need it you can fill it with alcohol, give it to me." Vanessa snatched the accessory from my hand and began filling it with Tequila. She was already on her fifth shot and we hadn't even left my house yet. She poured me a shot and slid it across my table urging me to drink. She wanted me to catch up to her but I didn't want to be drunk tonight. I had more enticing plans.

"Alec's going to have his hands full with you tonight." I joked. She giggled and handed me my fake needle, "he loves it and he loves me."

"Cheers to that," I raised my cup and swallowed the heated liquid sticking my tongue out once it was down. I was already feeling a little warm.

"Are you ladies ready to go?" Alec called from the living room. Vanessa ran over poking and prodding at his costume. They were Hades and Persephone, putting any other couple's costume to shame. They radiated cute and sexy, the perfect power couple if you asked me.

"We're ready," Ness grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door.

"Oh, Rin, I'll be with Nessa the whole night but you let me know if you need anything okay? Seriously don't hesitate." He sounded like a protective dad which was good for Ness. He'd always protect her and the fact that he'd do the same for her best friend meant she found herself a good one. I wondered if they sold that brand of man on Amazon?

"Of course, Alec, thank you."

He nodded and picked up his keys, "then let's get going."

                                           ...

Just like I expected Andrew's party was far from small and it was incredibly over the top. It was beyond me how he hadn't gotten a noise complaint within the first hour of everyone's arrival. Ness and Alec went on their way but not before telling me to find them in case of emergency again. I assured them I would be fine and went searching for Andrew. I found him in his kitchen, casually sipping on a drink beside Noah. He wasn't wearing a costume. I laughed to myself and approached them.

"Was this costume just to show off the scar?" I hugged Drew and took in his appearance. He was a Greek god, he would've looked great in pictures with Ness and Alec.

"Yes, exactly." He scanned my outfit and shook his head, "I don't know who's going to win tonight but this costume will always be a winner to me." I did a twirl and faced him, "is it slutty enough? I was thinking nipple pasties instead of the little top."

"Remind me to ask for pictures of that later, if you'll excuse me." Andrew walked off in the direction of some women in the middle of the living room. I poured myself a shot of vodka and took it whole before turning to Noah, "really? You had to be the only one without a costume."