sixteen.

This chapter contains mature content :)              

S E R E N I T Y

"I don't know Rin, I don't think it's a good idea," Isaiah warned as he watched me grab my purse. "I only came over here to invite you and Grace to the garden party next weekend, not to be lectured by you." I had told him almost everything about the Harrington's though he was no stranger to the name. The hospital Isaiah worked at was called St. Rose, George Harrington was the hospital's CEO while Giselle Harrington was a doctor there.

"I know, but you already seem to be on Giselle's bad side. Grace and I both know how she is, I don't want her to make an example out of you."

"Thank you for the concern big brother but I'll be fine. I'll call if anything happens okay? You both just enjoy your night." Isaiah had always been overprotective when it came to me. I always fought my own battles but when he felt like something was out of my league, he didn't hesitate to step in. Was Giselle Harrington so bad he was already encouraging me to wave my white flag?

I brushed off my brother's concerns and hugged him and his girlfriend before leaving. They were getting very serious and were even discussing moving in with each other soon. My parents thought their relationship was moving rather quickly but I didn't see the problem. They were both happy and practically lived together already, what was the harm in making it official? Though Vanessa would surely have a heart attack once she heard about it.

I couldn't wait to tell her.

I arrived at Noah's house and parked on the street as his driveway was full. I immediately noticed Andrew's car and relaxed a bit, knowing I'd have two people to lean on tonight. Things were a bit tense between Noah and me and with the way things went this morning, I didn't expect him to be running to my aid. I exited my car and walked up to the gate, punching in the code that Noah had given me a week prior. I didn't even have to put in the code to the front door because Bev swung it open, swiftly pulling me inside. I could see the house was decorated with banners and balloons, and there seemed to be a few party favors scattered on his coffee table.

Surely Noah didn't do all of this himself?

"You have the code to the house? How many times have you been here?" His mother snapped at me. "Mom, tonight is about Beverly." Noah emerged from the kitchen and awkwardly stood in front of me. "Serenity," he stated firmly. "Hi, Noah." He nodded and walked over to Andrew who had a woman on his arm, presumably Katrina.

"That was awkward?" Bev joked as she watched her brother saunter away. I shrugged and handed her an envelope I had been itching to give her for days. "A present? You didn't have to."

"Oh, just open it."

She carefully tore open the envelope and read over its contents before smiling, "I don't understand?" I used my thumb to wipe away a stray tear on her cheek before speaking, "just because not everyone gets a happy ending Beverly doesn't mean they don't deserve one." She threw her arms around me and squeezed tightly, simultaneously throwing out thank yous. Ever since she had told me about June, the romantic in me needed them to be together. Bev was a sweet girl and she deserved so much even if she didn't see it herself.

"How did you do it though?" She was still in disbelief.

"I have my connections. After your Germany trip you should be heading right off to London. I hope you don't mind pushing Italy back." I did have connections but the truth was I slept with a pilot about two months ago and he owed me a favor.