Epilogue part 1

2 years later...

                                       ♥♥♥

Book tours. We started in France, went all around Europe and now we were making our way back to the United States. The past two years have been an absolute whirlwind. I learned so much about myself, so much about my place in the world and other people's lives. After Noah, I had to do some deep thinking. He cut me so deep but gave me so much in the year that we spent together.

He allowed me to grow on my own and while I held resentment towards him for making that choice for me? I would forever be grateful for what it did for me. There was no doubt in my mind that if he hadn't let me go, I wouldn't be where I was today. Quite literally without him, my book wouldn't exist. I'd have work out, but nothing as wonderful as what he helped me create.

I had to say, I never thought something so beautiful would come out of a moment of vulnerability. I was so angry when I wrote The Arrangement, I didn't care about name-dropping or discussing specific events. Of course, I went and asked all parties I cared about if they minded their name being in my book later, but it was something so personal. Something so private I didn't think I had it in me.

The book turned into a huge success. I was on talk shows and late-night shows, but I couldn't handle my newfound fame all by myself. As promised, the Vanessa Madden was made my publicist. She was damn good at it too. A little too good because she had me on a plane back to Seattle Washington to do a book signing at a coffee shop off fifth ave.

I didn't want Seattle to be my first stop on my trip back home but Vanessa insisted it was important to reconnect with my roots. She had ulterior motives I was sure of it but I did miss my family, I guess it wouldn't hurt to see them.

"What are your plans after we land?" I looked over at Vanessa and the giant rock on her ring finger and smiled. Alec and her had their wedding last year in Italy. It was a beautiful service, they spent the following week there to enjoy their honeymoon in Florence.

I was going to be an aunt again in no time.

"I don't know, probably stop by Zay's house and see the kids, maybe pop by to see my parents."

The world below us was getting a lot closer, clearer. I couldn't lie and say I didn't miss Seattle. My heart was in my home but that held more weight than I wanted it to. He was also in my home. I wondered how he was doing. If he found someone now. I didn't bother reaching out after he sent his letters. There was nothing left for us to say. I kept them close to me wherever I went, but that was all I'd ever have left of Noah Harrington.

What we were. Never what we could be.

After we landed, Vanessa went home to Alec and I went straight to Zay's house. He was waiting out front with April and his very pregnant wife Grace. A family looked really good on my brother. I didn't think I'd be able to stand him if he was thirty-seven still having a different girl in his bed every night.

"Aunt Rinni!" The nickname had finally made its rounds, "You've gotten too tall for me April. Please stop growing." I picked up my niece and rested her on my hip.

"Come inside, we just made lunch."

I had already eaten but it had been so long since I'd seen them I didn't mind the extra few calories. Besides, Grace knew what she was doing in the kitchen. The extra pounds were worth it.

"I love you sis, and I'm so proud of you but I haven't read your book. Grace has read it, she loves it, but I will never read your book."

In all honesty, I didn't want him to. The thought of my brother or my parents reading intimate details about my sex life was not something I took into consideration. It hadn't occurred to me how vivid I was in my writing but could you blame me? The man was a dream, no amount of heartbreak would take away from his skills in bed.