Bonus Chapter 1

The first bonus chapter takes place about six months after the events of the epilogue <3

♥♥♥

Beverly Anne Harrington was going to kill me. Not only was I late to her wedding but I was also making her brother late. I know, I know, but I had a valid explanation this time. I was sick to my stomach, I couldn't even begin getting ready without running to the bathroom to throw up everything I'd eaten that morning. My dress was on (partially) but my hair and my make-up were nowhere near to being finished.

I hadn't seen Giselle or George since writing The Arrangement but I'd known them. They both knew they would be in the book, I was prepared for that. What I didn't consider was their extended family. Family that most likely knew of me or my work. Now that Noah and I were back together I really wanted his family to like me. We were starting fresh and everything was going so well, I'd hate to have my (#1 New York Times Best Seller) book ruin that.

"Serenity? It's already been another ten minutes are you feeling any better?" Noah called from outside the bathroom. I spit out the mouthwash and patted my lips dry. I did feel bad, this was his sister's moment and I didn't want to ruin it. This day wasn't about me, and I wouldn't make it about me.

"Just come inside Noah," I exhaled quietly and leaned over the sink. My stomach was doing cartwheels and my head ached from the vomiting. Why was I this nervous? I'd never been moved like this before. I didn't care what anyone thought about me, I shouldn't have anyway but this was different.

Noah entered the bathroom and placed a gentle hand on my stomach and one on my back to lift me up. He looked handsome in his suit. Wasn't his usual style but as always he pulled it off well.

"Are you okay? You've been sick like this since yesterday; I'm getting worried." He kissed my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist. It was enough to wash away all my worries. He always had that sort of effect on me. When he wasn't being an ass.

"I'm fine, just haven't been feeling well." I smiled in the mirror and raised a hand to his chin. I still loved the beard, but it was time for a trim. Noah turned me around and he kissed me deeply. He pressed me into the sink and I sighed. I almost lifted my dress but I remembered we were on a time crunch.

"I'm sorry, I made you late. I'll finish getting ready in the car if it's easier?"

He laughed and kissed my forehead before sitting me on the counter, "we're still on schedule. I told Bev you weren't feeling well and you'd just get ready at my house."

"She's fine with it? Really?" Bev was the sweetest Harrington but she had a bit of a mean streak when provoked. She wasn't throwing a massive wedding but that didn't mean she didn't still want perfection. The laid-back bohemian traveler turned into a bridezilla right before my eyes and it was scary. She definitely got that from her mother.

"She's a little disappointed you won't be getting ready with her but she also doesn't want you throwing up in the dressing room."

Now I really felt like shit. If I was a good maid of honor I would've fought through the stomach cramps and forced myself to get ready. I was there through every late-night call and every mid-afternoon freak out. The one day she needed me the most I was supposed to push through anything. Even death if I had to.

"I'm gonna be sick again," I put my hand over my mouth and shook my head. My throat already burned, it couldn't handle another round.

"Serenity are you sure you're okay? You're not—"

"Pregnant?" I finished his sentence.

"Yes, you're not are you?"

Lucky for him I had that concern a few days ago, "no, I took a test the other day. A few actually, they were all negative." Noah and I had been especially reckless as of late and when the nausea came I panicked. I took three pregnancy tests and they all came up negative—I loved him, but we were in no way ready to be parents.