1. what a suprise.

Sierra

Sierra

"Girls, come on! Hustle!" our coach kept on shouting at us to board the bus. Bags were everywhere, someone was at least getting whacked with a nasty kneepad, and someone else was scrambling to get something they forgot.

"Has it been this chaotic every year to board our first game?" Cameron huffs sitting down in front of me with her loaded purple duffel bag. I pushed my heavy black one down on the floor of the bus and wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"Yes. Yes it has."

Cameron snorts and started scrolling on her phone. Just as I was about to relax, our coach ran up to us and glared at us. We both looked confused and just as I was about to ask what she needed, she said,

"Where's Parker?"

Cameron and I looked at each other with pure fear as we both scrambled out of the bus and dashing into the school. It was still around 2, so there weren't anybody around that we could run into while doing a high speed race around school.

"Are you kidding me!" Cameron shouts while running looking around every corner as we run to the gym. This literally happens every year. Parker either goes in the bathroom to get drunk, sobbing on a phone call, or she's sleeping. "Every damn year," I sigh.

The gym door was right in front of us and we busted through it. It was all clear. The net on the ground in its box, the poles still up, the volleyballs all neatly lined up on the sides.

I opened the door to the equipment room and Cameron started yelling for Parker. We had exactly 5 minutes to find her or we're dead meat. Dead meat as in champions across the court 50 times.

Cameron ran out and to the bathrooms near the gym. I kept looking around the bleachers and behind the trash cans. How can she be so loud yet so hard to find?

Parker usually hides before our first away games just to piss off our assistant coach. Little does she know Cameron and I also get yelled at. Fun.

"No, get off of me!" I hear a voice shout from the bathrooms. I opened the door and see Parker being dragged out by the foot and Cameron looking red as a tomato. I grabbed her arm and yanked her up. She was wearing her dark red and yellow number 5 jersey with her spandex and her white kneepads. She folded her arms and stared at us both.

"What the hell, Parker? We have to leave in exactly 3 minutes!" Cameron furiously shook her head and smoothed out her jersey. "Let's go before Coach Jones yells at us."

Parker stared at us and Cameron and I sighed. Parker is stubborn. The most stubborn player ever even though she's our captain. If the ref calls a bad call, she gets annoyed and starts yelling but then she gets ended up being subbed out for a match.