21. waiting.

KAYDON

KAYDON

"Fuck, my foot!" Blake instantly grabs his foot and that loses his balances and he goes from standing perfectly fine to now covered in sand in a fetal position.

Ty is trying to catch his breath and I sit on the side taking huge amounts of water. We look at the girls across from us and they're just standing and talking with little to no sweat from our first match.

No surprise who won. We got beat, 3-25.

"Don't you guys play football?" Cameron laughs and they came over from under the net, staring at us all. She went over to Blake to check out his foot.

Ty narrows his eyes at them. "We do. It's not fun having actual volleyball players smack the ball nearly at your face every second they get." he huffs and Parker helps him up.

"All it takes is practice," she winks and they both went to grab towels and snacks for our break.

Sierra sits down next to me with a smile and steals the water from me and drinking it herself. "Seems like you guys won't be up for another round?" she asks.

I snort, "We got beat so bad, it's bruising my ego."

"Your ego does need a bit of a bruising." she admits and I just stare at her with an unamused look. She smacks my arm and rolls her eyes.

"I'm joking."

"I know," I say with a playful grin. I witness Cameron trying to pull Blake up but failing miserably. He just keeps on putting his weight down and she tumbles down on top of him.

Sierra sighs and stands up. "I should help her." I laugh and she runs over grabbing on to Cameron, lifting her up. I feel someone sitting next to me and I see the familiar big feet.

"You're staring." he says and hands me a Hershey Kiss. I take it and pop it in my mouth.

I look away and I see Parker and Ty look at me with knowing looks. I shake my head vigorously. "I'm also looking at Blake and Cam." I reply and they raise an eyebrow.

"Sure, okay." Parker says, sitting criss cross on the ground. "You are so thinking about your feelings right now with her."

Ty starts laughing and drank some gatorade. I smack him and he glares at me while it drips down his chin and on to his shorts.

"I'm not!" I argue and Parker pats me on the arm and gives me an exaggerated sigh.

"I know, buddy. Don't deny it. We all see it." she whispers. I instantly shoot my gaze to her and she shrugs.

"What? We can see how much you care about her." she nudges Ty. "Tell him!"

He nods along looking back at me. Fuck. I look over at Cameron and Sierra and they're both laughing at Blake who can't seem to get the sand out of his hair. That smile does something to me I can't explain but it sure does give me a smile too.