27. the person for me

Sierra

Sierra

Tuesday, 3 days till game time.

I'm a nervous wreck already. Monday was terrible but practice was worth it. Today was being dragged for so long and I couldn't keep my eyes open at all.

During APUSH, Kaydon had to keep nudging me awake just so I wouldn't get yelled at. Practices are killing me. Parker and Cameron are tired too but they're doing much better than I am. I really gotta stop watching Glee at night when I'm supposed to do homework.

I feel something against my shoulder and I snap out of my sleepy daze to see a water bottle being handed to me.

"You have to get some water in your system, Sierra." Cameron urges me and I take it hesitantly. I barely had any water today and she knew. I take huge gulps and let the cool liquid go down my throat and the slight pain made me wince.

"You look awful Si." Parker says, walking over. She leans against the lockers and I roll my eyes.

"Wow, thanks Parker."

She chuckles, closing my locker for me. I get up and grabbed the water bottle on the floor. "I'm just saying. It looks like you got no sleep whatsoever. Game is on Friday Si, we can't afford to lose."

I nod, fixing my ponytail. I have been getting no sleep. Either I was up watching shows or just thinking about life. Okay, maybe a small percentage is me making fake scenarios in my head. I pull up on my kneepads and brushed off any dust on my spandex.

"Come on, let's go." I walk out the locker room and the two reluctantly follow. Some teammates were putting their things down, peppering, or warming up. I  stand and stretch for a few before grabbing a ball and walking towards Cameron to pepper with.

Parker usually goes with another hitter because apparently all she wants to do with me and Cam while we're peppering is hitting us in the face.

"Are you sure you can handle Friday?" Cam asks, pulling up her white kneepads. I hit the ball to the ground, warming up a bit.

I nod, "I'll be fine. I'm just thinking about things mostly." I throw the ball to her and she passes it to me. I set it back to her and started getting low to dig her hit.

She hits the ball directly towards me. "Thinking about your lover boy?" she teases.

I pass it up to her and give her an unamused look.

"No, not my lover boy. Homework and volleyball." I lied. Okay, sometimes I do think about Kaydon. His window is across form mine so occasionally we put up our papers to the window to talk. He usually sleeps earlier than me, no surprise, so it's only about a couple minutes.

We either talk about the shows I made him watch or about my family. Like how Leah dropped all of her food on Tanya's expensive white blouse and how my mom dropped a pot of boiling water on our glass table.