28. dancing on the ledge

Kaydon

Kaydon

Tomorrow is game day. The day. I still haven't received a call from Harry and I'm freaking out.

I'm sitting on my living room couch, elbows rested on my knees with my hand in my palms. It's eight o'clock at night and my leg is bouncing up and down. I feel the seat next to mine dip and I turn to see Blake offering me a Dorito chip.

"What? Comfort food, man." he shrugs and eats it when I swat it away. I hear Ty sigh behind me and plopped down on my other side.

"You look like a sad little kid who got rejected from those free samples at Costco." he looks at me with a pity look. I glare at him unamused and he shoots his hands up in defense.

"Am I wrong?"

Blake's chip bags keeps on rustling and he stuffs more chips in his mouth. "You're not wrong." he says with crumbs in his mouth. I shove them both and they wince in pain.

I run my hands through my hair and lean back against the couch with my legs out. "Harry still hasn't called me, I swear to god if he comes out of nowhere-"

Ty shakes me. "Don't think that! He won't come out of nowhere. He might call you after the game." He sighs and pats me on the shoulder, looking at me in all seriousness.

"Seriously, dude. This is getting way to your head. You'll be okay." he assures.

On the other side of me, I still hear munching on chips and I grab the empty bag and throw it on the table. Ty looks over and gives Blake a "really", look. "Oh, my bad wait, let me think of something to say." Blake sheepishly looks at me.

"Here, let's talk about Sierra. Does she know?" he asks me and I shake my head in defeat. If I leave during the game, she's going to hate me. Ty and Blake look at each other and then turns toward me.

"Do you still, you know?" Ty quietly asks and I raise an eyebrow confusingly.

"Still what?"

Blake pokes his tongue to his cheek and looks down while grinning like a psycho. Ty laughs and I just sit there confused as they laugh their asses off.

I smack both of their heads and they stop immediately. "What?"

Ty wipes the tears from his eyes and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Do you still like her?" he says like I'm a little kid. Blake cackles really loudly and I shoot him a look.

"No," I say quickly but I hesitate. "Maybe? I don't know!" I ramble and I hide my face with my hands. I'm 100% sure my ears are red as fuck now. Blake's laughs are what I hear right in my ear and I feel the couch shaking from him moving.

Ty throws my hands off of my face and faces me. "We can tell." he says simply and I roll my eyes.

"I don't want to hurt our friendship anymore," I say. Blake immediately stops and sits up from his laughing state. He stares directly at me and I almost shrink from his weird stare. No, seriously I'm about to shit my pants.