34. the champions. pt 2

Sierra

Sierra

I drop everything in my arms and I run into his. That familiar smell I've grown to and the warmth of his body in contact with mine.

He lifts me up and my legs go around his waist as his arms are around my waist. My arms are hugging his neck and my face fits into the crook of his neck.

Our hearts are beating wildly together and he finally sets me down, letting me look up at him. My vision is getting blurry and he laughs as he wipes away the stray tears. "Congratulations Sierra." he mumbles, pulling me into another hug. I cling onto him like he's about to vanish but I want him to stay. He stays.

I step away and I shake my head in disbelief. "How? I- I thought you," I stammer and he laughs. He cups my cheeks and looks into my eyes, scanning for something. "I promised you, Si. Look where I am now." he chuckles breathlessly.

We pull away from each other and then Blake and Ty tackles him to the ground. Parker winces and Cameron and I start laughing our asses off as they try and hug him on the ground. Kaydon looks unamused but smiles anyway. "Get off of me you idiots." he says and they do. Blake does his usual handshake with him and Ty hugs him. I swore, my heart skipped two beats.

Parker gives him a side-hug and Cameron ruffles his hair. The group is back. "Who drove you here, man?" Ty asks as he hands me my bags and things. We all start walking out of school to the parking lot.

Kaydon shrugs while walking beside me, his arm brushing against mine. "Harry."

Everyone stops abruptly with wide eyes. Harry agreed to let him go back home? Is it for a short time? How the fuck-

"I'm sorry, Harry?" Ty asks, baffled. "The one who tortured us?" Kaydon nods his head with a sigh.

"I'll explain later, I'm fucking starving." he says and we hear his stomach grumble. Blake puts an arm around Kaydon, leading him to his car before shouting, "Melly's for celebration night!"

**

After everyone ate, we all departed as we reached home. Since tomorrow is Saturday, we planned the day to hang out and sleep over at Ty's house again. I finish up blow drying the ends of my hair and rubbed some lotion on my legs and arms.

I hop on my bed and unplugged my phone from the charger. My body is sore from today but I feel so happy and glad at the same time. The feeling of winning that trophy is a dream and that was the last time I might ever play volleyball. It sucks but it's also an end of an era.

Sometimes we all need new beginnings to find who we are.

I don't think volleyball will always be me and that's okay. I'm still looking. The one feeling I keep on replaying in my head was the feeling relief when I saw Kaydon. His fluffy hair and charming smile that always makes you crack a grin. His comfort and warmth brings you safety and guidance as he holds you. There's no other place like home than him.