17. crashing the party.

Kaydon

Kaydon

I know, I know. I'm a terrible person.

You have no fucking clue how hard it was to hide my wide ass grin when she narrowed her eyes at me and crossed her arms. When we were little, she had this little angry pout which would always make me smile.

Okay, maybe this isn't the time to smile.

She yanks me out of my seat and started storming towards the back room. She basically threw me in the room, closed the door and stood in front of it.

"What the hell Kaydon!"

She leans back and rests against the door. I sit on the small white stool and looked up at her. My eyes go over the dress she has on and then goes back up to reach her brown eyes I always adored.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"It was all Blake," I let out a sarcastic sigh. "He misses his other bestie."

I can see her hide the grin that's forming on her face. Fuck you, Thompson.

Sierra shakes her head and sits criss cross in front of me. She looks at me with deep thought. I scooted forward so we could be closer and she visibly scoots back a bit. I could feel the thick air between us, no one knowing who should apologize first or argue. I sucked in a breath but then I hear her voice shudder slightly.

"I'm sorry, by the way." she whispers. It felt like hours came by after she said that but it was only a few seconds.

"I have no explanation why, I just.." she trails off and covered her face with her hands. "I'm so stupid."

I let out a small teasing laugh. "We know."

She rolls her eyes and smacks my arm. Again, the stinging pain is shooting through that spot right now. I sigh and look down at my hands which were playing with my ring. "I'm sorry for spying on your date.

"I didn't want him to do any crazy shit with you. I know that sounds like absolute bullshit but you don't know him, Sierra. He's an asshole."

She just stares at my shoes with silence. I don't have anything else to say as I just look over her. That fucking dress and jacket, her long curled hair, everything about her today makes me a lost puppy.

Sarah still texts me, rubbing it in that she has someone, I don't know who but I sure as hell don't give a shit. As long as I have my best friend back, I think I'll be okay.