15. out of it.

Sierra (very unedited LOL)

"You mother-fucker!" and boom, there goes my air for this morning.

I cough repeatedly and the body rolled off. "What the hell?" I groan rubbing my eyes. The sun shined so brightly through my curtains, my eyes couldn't adjust to the light so I resulted to slamming my face back into the pillow.

The person, who I assume is Parker, starts whacking me with a blanket. "You got Zach Thompson's number!" she screams, still whacking me.

Okay, why is this such a big deal?

Are you clueless?

Not the time.

I rolled my eyes and turn to face her. She had no make-up on with a black cropped tank and black Nike shorts. How does she look like a model at nine in the morning on a Sunday??

"Why is it such a big deal?" I open my bathroom door and started brushing my teeth. She stood underneath the doorframe still eyeing me with a 'are-you-fucking-serious' look. "He asked for it!"

She sighs, "It's not that," she looks across my window and I spit the toothpaste out, rinsing. I step out and started going through my closet.

"Then what is it?"

I turn around to look at her when I didn't get a reply. Her demeanor was oddly quiet but she shook her head and smiled. It wasn't quite like the Parker I know.

She was usually nagging me about guys and if I get any of their numbers. Today she was quite annoyed and quiet.

"I'm happy that you finally got a guy's number," she laid back on my bed and played with the elephant stuffy on it. She raised an eyebrow while sitting up holding it up. "You still have this?"

I internally groan. This elephant stuffy was a gift I got when I was five. It was like this comfort object I would always bring on trips back then.

It was a light grey fluffy creature with big dark eyes and a long trunk. On the neck was a black tiny bowtie and he had a top hat too. My heart pounds at the memory when I got the stuffy. His bright smile while handing me the gift bag and his fluffy messy hair in his face.

I remember the warmth of his hug after I squealed when I saw the animal. The sound of his laugh and the feeling of joy in my body when we were together.

"Earth to Si!" Parker waves the elephant in front of my face. I shake the nostalgia memories out of my head. I yank the elephant out of her hand and throw it back on my bed. "Sorry." I replied turning back to grab a white tank top, high waisted jeans, and a cream colored big sweater.