7. making it up.

uneditedKaydon

unedited
Kaydon

School. Great.

When the guys and I walked into school, stares were on. Side glances, whispers, the rumors. All there. Ferraview River, everyone! Where the gossip gets real.

As I walk into the classrooms, many of the guys that were on sports team were looking my way. I'm guessing they were probably talking about:

One, my looks. This beautiful brown hair on my head can't get any better.

Two, my football talent. No comment.

Or three, just me as an enemy.

I sit down at an empty desk in the back corner and just sat there staring at the board. My #24 hoodie was on and the slight jingle of my keys in my sweatpants pockets was the only other sound besides the chattering. My leg was bouncing up and down as I kept going out of thought.

Our teacher walked in and he was fairly old. Grey hair, stubby beard, a yellow button up shirt and dark dress pants. Classic history teacher right here.

An empty seat was by me and the teacher was definitely staring at it. Someone late or..

My thoughts were interrupted when a student came running in the door out of breath. Her hair was in her eyes as the hoodie strings of her zip-up was bouncing around as she quickly ran in. My eyes landed on the beaded bracelet clipped on to the zipper.

Si.

The bracelet that I made and gave to her on her seventh birthday. She loved that bracelet with her whole heart. Whenever I left, I thought she would've thrown it away. My heart is doing these little jumps that I can't explain. Fucking little gymnastics shit.

"Ms. Laurken," the teacher cleared his throat. "Happy for you to join us, take a seat." he motioned for the seat next to me and smiled fakely.

"I know, you're so happy to see me Mr. Humphrey." she replied sarcastically which earned a couple chuckles around the room.

Mr H stopped writing on the board and let us read it.

You will be doing your quiz and then I'll pair you into a group to work with for our next assignment.

Please don't let me be paired with her, please. I turn quickly to see her eyes widening at the message on the board.

If I get paired with her, I can't physically focus without staring at her in awe. Her dark hair was braided, her black t-shirt hanging loosely paired with her baggy jeans. The zip-up stuffed in her backpack. She's perfect.