19. rules.

Sierra

Sierra

We sat in silence.

Just a comfortable silence.

I tapped on my phone to see it was almost three. I want to go home and be in the girls' arms, but I don't wanna leave just yet. I want him to answer my question.

Are we friends? Best friends? Enemies?

I guess my mind has been occupied lately. Kaydon, volleyball, grades, and family. I've been in my room days not spending time with family or friends. Volleyball has been messy but a couple wins gave me joy. I just need answers.

Our friendship has been rocky, no, very bumpy. Arguments, dry texts, and just silence when we're near each other. The guys and girls notice and try to not make things awkward but it always turns out to be just nothing but silence.

"This is why I don't get us," Kaydon laughs. He throws a rock and I watch it go down.

"We're just confusing aren't we?" he turns and looks at me with a goofy grin that I missed. How could I not smile at that?

"We were always confusing since we were little." I replied quietly.

It's true. We were the most mischievous and loud ones to be around. Well, besides Parker and Blake being together. We never made sense with our conversations and always sung around together in costumes that my parents had. Scarves, hats, sunglasses, and long dresses.

People never understood us, but we understood each other.

Kaydon stands up and looks down to me. "Come on." he says and I furrow my eyebrows. Grabbing his hand that was out, helping me up, I brush off the dirt off of my dress.

"Where are we going?" I ask and he just leads me down back the path we came up from.

"We're just heading back." was all he said and we walked.

For the few minutes we talked, we talked about our friendship. We both agreed that we both need to just be civil and to be better. He also talked about Sarah. They dated for a bit, his school's famous couple.

Gags.

I realized how happy he was when he talked about football. His eyes light up like light bulbs and he uses his hands to exaggerate what he's saying. Him, Ty, and Blake were over the moon for football and it was all they did.

After school, football. During breaks, football. Everything was football and my hatred for Harry grew. Their parents didn't fucking care then, they trusted Harry and all he did.