30. broken

Kaydon

Kaydon

I didn't leave. I think I'm about to.

My phone rings again since I hung up on him while he called the first time during their fourth match. My leg is bouncing up and down as I sit on the side of the sidewalk, waiting. I answer and inhaled a sharp breath.

"Harry?"

"Hey, son!" he says happily and I shake my head in disgust. The game's over and Sierra is going to freak out. Please don't let it be now.

"What do you-" I was interrupted by Ty and Blake running over to me breathlessly. They're both in a disheveled state and I put Harry on mute.

Blake puts a hand on my shoulder. "You need to go back in there, Sierra's looking for you!" he says and I want to, I do but Harry is in the phone. I could be leaving right now. They see the phone in my hand and my hesitant face. Ty shakes his head fast and looks around for that familiar car.

"No, you're not-" he trails off and starts pacing around us. I try to 6 him but he steps away.

"Ty."

"You can't leave now! Sierra needs you right now. She just won the game of her life and you're just going to leave? Just go in there and give her a hug, a kiss, a high-five, just something! Don't leave her like that." he rambles and I just stay silent and still. I want to so bad but Harry's words cut the silence we were in.

"I'm almost here, alright Kaydon?" he says through the phone and I dart my eyes directly towards the guys. They have wide eyes and I unmute quickly.

"I haven't even packed yet," I began and he laughs, his voice rumbling through the phone.

"I'm driving you home so you can pack! You did say you were going to their game didn't you?" he questions me and I know he's right. I can't do fucking anything about it now. He hangs up and I almost throw my phone onto the ground.

Blake stays silent, surprisingly. He would've called Harry back to yell at him but he stands there silently. I see sadness flooding into his eyes and my heart aches seeing him like this. It was like when we had to leave back then. He has that same look he had when he saw his sister cry.

Ty puts a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry." he says, barely a whisper and I don't know what to do. What do you do when two of your best friends who don't usually cry, start to cry?

I just shake my head vigorously, telling them no. "I'm not leaving, okay? Don't fucking go all teary on me. I'll tell him I'll stay. You guys are right, Sierra needs me. I'll be in there just give-" I stop to breathe, and I put my hands on the back of head, walking back and forth.