008. 𝒎𝒂𝒙

Flashback
Max's pov

It had been a week since Kalani had left with Klaus and Stefan and the Salvatore boarding house didn't feel like home anymore. Sure Max still had Ginny and Alex but the best part of the house was Kalani. And right now he missed more than anything.

He even missed the things he didn't like before. He missed her awful singing, her waking him up by jumping on his bed, and even when she would yell in the kitchen cause she burned whatever the hell she was cooking.

And he missed everything else too. He missed waking up after having an absurd dream and climbing in her bed to tell her about it. And how she would listen to every detail and give her own little opinions that he just adored.

He never told her but he loved having someone who would listen to him maybe it was because he loved the attention or because when he was growing up his mother never really listened to him and his father left before he could even burn a solid memory of him in his mind.

Maybe Kalani was what he always wanted as a kid. Someone who would listen to him, care about him, love him unconditionally, and never leave and that's what he thought she was. And even though he knew the rest of the group had spent more time with her and how he barely made a dent in her life but he hoped she would remember him. And if there was a God out there he hoped they would bring her back to him.