034. 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐

4x1 Growing Pains

Kalani gently knocks on Elena's door as she watches the girl smash a light bulb. "Lani," Elena says rushing to the girl as they hug. "Lena," Kalani says as they pull away. "Are you okay?" Kalani questions as Elena shakes her head. "Yeah, stupid question," Kalani says before sitting down on the girl's bed.

"You wanna know something I wish someone would've told when I was going through this?" Kalani asks as Elena sits down next to her. "Sure," she says as Kalani turns to her. "Being a vampire doesn't mean you're a monster. You're still a good person, you're still who you were just the vampire version. And you are strong enough to handle this, we've been through a lot of shit in our time together and we will make it through this," Kalani explains.

"You're right. We have been through a lot of shit and we will make it through this," Elena says as Kalani smiles at her.

"Hey," a voice says as they turn to see Stefan. "Uncle Stef," Kalani says getting up and walking to the door. "Kal," he says patting her shoulder as she pulls her lips into a straight line. "Okay," she says before walking away.

»»»

Kalani takes a sip of her tea that she got from the Grill as she walks into a weird cave Bonnie told her to meet in. She was there with Jeremy, Tyler who was being possessed by Klaus and Caroline. Strangely she was happier to see Caroline than the others. "What do you guys want?" She asks placing her cup on a chair.

"We need Bonnie to put me back in my own body," Tyler or Klaus says as Kalani nods. "I actually want that too, so I can kick your ass," Kalani says looking at Klaus. "She can't do it. We'll just have to wait a few days till you can do it with traditional magic," Caroline explains before Klaus extracts his nails and presses them to his chest. "What are you doing?!" Caroline asks as Klaus screams.

"I'm gonna rip Tyler's heart out. Maybe I'll just into someone else, maybe you," Klaus says looking at Kalani. "Pick Bonnie! You or Tyler!" Klaus exclaims. "You're not going to get yourself killed for Tyler," Kalani says facing Bonnie. "I have to do it! So stop!" Bonnie says looking at Klaus.

"Don't a hero Bennet," Kalani says walks closer to Bonnie. "I don't have a choice," Bonnie says as Klaus walks up to her causing Kalani to move back. "We always have a choice," she says looking at the girl. "This time I don't," Bonnie says before Kalani sighs. "Well I'm not gonna watch you kill yourself," she says before walking away.