046. 𝒌𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒅𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆

4x13 Into the Wild

Kalani buttons up her sweater as she cooks mince in a pan. "That's raw. Are you trying to give us salmonella?" Damon asks walking into the kitchen. "I'm still cooking," she says as he takes the spoon from her. "Did you even add any spices?" He asks as she shrugs before he adds spices in. She sits on the counter as he cooks.

"Here," he says handing her a bowl of pasta. "I don't want any," she says and he takes a fork from one of the drawers. "Just try some. I promise it's great," he says placing the bowl down in front of her. "I'm really not hungry," she explains. "Just eat some please," he says and she sighs before picking up the fork. She finishes the food before getting up. "Thank you," she says and realizes her eyes are tearing up.

"It's okay," he says pulling her into a hug. "Alex is dead," she says as he rubs her back. "And my friends left me," she adds and he rests his chin on her shoulder. "I know kiddo," he says as she continues to cry.

»»»

"It feels like this guy is a sociopath," Kalani says looking at Shane. "He might be," Damon speaks up. "You know, this is like a Kay and Uncle Day adventure," Damon says and Kalani laughs. "That was so cringe," she says and he nods. "Yep," he says before they follow everyone else on the hike.

"Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Elena speaks up. "So leave," Rebekah adds. "How about we see how many times I can drown you before you don't come back," Kalani adds. "Please don't start," Stefan speaks up. "Then tell your girlfriend to keep away from my sister or else and I'll stab her with a fork," Kalani says and Damon pulls her away from Rebekah. "Someone's got anger issues," he says looping her arm in with hers. "Guess it runs in the family," she adds.

"Stay together and keep your eyes open," Shane says, and Damon and Kalani both give him a salute. "Have you ever done coke?" She asks as they keep walking. "Once," he admits and she laughs. "Hermione?" She asks and he faces her. "So many questions," he says and she nods. "I'm a curious girl," she says with a smile.

"Can I speak to Damon?" Elena asks looking at the two. "Way to ruin Kay and uncle Day's adventure with stupid love jibber-jabber," Kalani says and Damon points over to Bonnie. "Have your own love jibber-jabber," he says as she pulls away from him before walking up to Bonnie.

"I didn't realize you and Damon were besties," Bonnie says as Kalani stands next to her. "We're not bestie but he's all I have," she says leaning against a tree. "He's not all you have. Look around you, these people are your family. You have them," Bonnie explains.

"You don't just have Shane either. You have everyone here too," Kalani explains before Damon walks over to them. "I'll take her off your hands," Damon says before pulling the girl away.

»»»

Kalani follows Bonnie who's following a streak of fire. "This is cool," Kalani says moving her hands behind her back. "We have to find Jeremy," Bonne says and Kalani nods. "Did he just get kidnapped in the dead of the night? How is that even possible? Did some douche just see a kid and think 'I'm keeping him'. That's weird," Kalani says as she continues walking.

"Sorry," Kalani adds. "It's not your fault," Bonnie explains. "I have a question. When we find Jeremy, the cure, and Silas and everyone comes back from the dead, what will happen? What will happen with us? This is really selfish and stupid but I got to know," Kalani explains.

"What do you mean?" Bonnie questions. "You have to choose," Kalani says as Bonnie faces her. "We're not having this conversation right now," she says as Kalani sighs. "You have to choose. Me or him. You can't have both," Kalani explains.

"Dont make me do that," Bonnie says. "Don't say that. Just choose me, okay? It's not that hard," Kalani explains. "But it is," Bonnie adds. "No. no, it's not," Kalani says letting out a breath. "Yes it is, just think about it for more than five seconds. Think about our lives and our future," Bonnie says and Kalani turns away. "You're a thousand percent right," she admits.

"I've given you so many reasons not to choose me and I can give a thousand more. Maybe because I'm loud, arrogant, and rude. I have a God complex but I also hate myself and I constantly need someone. Someone to tell me they need me or that im good enough. I'm fucked up and messy but im pretty, I have money and if that doesn't count for anything then choose me because I love you. I love you more than someone should love someone else," Kalani explains.

"Please choose me," Kalani says taking Bonnie's hand. "God I hate you," Bonnie says as Kalani turns but she pulls the girl back. "I hate you because you made me love you and you left," Bonnie explains. "You were the one who choose Jeremy over me," Kalani adds. "Because I didn't even think I had you ," Bonnie says and Kalani lets out a chuckle. "You fucking own me," she says before Bonnie turns and walks away.

"What the actual fuck?" Kalani asks following the girl once again but she doesn't respond. "I'm talking to you," Kalani says but Bonnie doesn't say something until they walk up to Jeremy, Shane, and a random guy. "What just happened? How did I get here?" Bonnie asks looking around. "You walked here while I was trying to talk to you," Kalani explains.

"So, the gangs all here. Silas awaits," Shane says before walking away, and the group follows him for unknown reasons.