055. 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒂

4x23 Graduation

Kalani combs through her hair as she sings along to the music playing from the living room when she walks into her room. She faces her closet as she smiles. A real smile.

"Where are you off to?" A familiar voice as the blonde turns to see a girl sitting on her bed. Not just any girl. Adelaide Walsh.

Kalani rushes to the bed pulling the girl into a hug. She smells like she always did. Like vanilla and jasmine. And God, Kalani had missed that smell.

"Addy," she says as her hand moves through the girl's hair. "I missed you," she says placing kisses on the girl's cheeks. "I know," Adelaide says as Kalani sits on the bed. "How are you here?" Kalani questions. "I don't know but alot of supernatural beings are back from the dead," Adelaide explains.

"Okay. I don't wanna think about the hows and the whys anyway. I wanna spend as much time as I can with you," Kalani says as the two girls make their way out of Kalani's room.

"Where are you going?" Adelaide asks as they walk past Max and Ginny's rooms as Kalani knocks on both their doors. "I'm going to graduate high school," Kalani says as Damon hands her cap and gown.

"Thank you," she says pulling the gown on and placing the cap on her head. "Youre welcome. Hey Addy," Damon says giving Adelaide a smile who returns it. "Damon," she says as he gives them a nod before walking away.

When Max and Ginny finally get out of their rooms they drive to the school. Kalani's heart races as she gets out of the car. She's about to graduate and her family won't be there and that makes her want to stop existing until a familiar arm is around her shoulders.

"You got this kiddo," Stefan says as she faces him. "You came," she says as he nods. "Of course. I couldn't miss our graduation," he says placing a kiss on her temple before walking away.

"I'm gonna find a seat," Adelaide says as Kalani holds her hand. "You have to come with," Kalani says but Adelaide shakes her head. "I can't but I will be here when you walk up that stage and when you get down," Adelaide explains. "If you aren't, I will stab you," Kalani jokes as Adelaide nods. "Of course," she says before finding a seat.

"Damon better be dead," Kalani says when she walks up to the group. "He'll be here soon," Elena says as Kalani sighs. "If he's not I will kick him out of the house," Kalani explains.

"Hey! We're here! Ginny speaks up. "All of us are here," Caroline adds. Almost all of us Kalani thinks but she doesn't say it even though Ginny and Max we're thinking it too because they weren't all there.

"Is Bonnie crying?" Max speaks up. "This is our last hurrah before you guys go off to college," Bonnie explains. "Don't remind me," Kalani says with a laugh.

"You'll love it! We can go to college parties! It will be so much fun!" Caroline says in her cheerful tone. "Group hug!" She adds. "I don't hug," Stefan speaks up. "Yes, you do," Kalani says as they all hug.

When Kalani's name is called she walks across the stage and shakes the mayor's hand. Stefan is after her and she waits for him and loops their arm together before sitting down together as they sit with everyone else.

After everyone is done Kalani talks to Elena and Caroline before she feels a pain in her head. When they turn they see the witches Caroline had sacrificed for the expression triangle.

"Remember us, Caroline?" The leader of the group asks before her head is sliced clean off with a graduation cap. "Whos next?" Klaus asks as Kalani lets out a breath.

Later she's sharing a drink with Klaus as her friends wait in the car. "So you just came to save Damon?" She asks sitting next to him. "I was already on my way when I heard about him. I came for your graduation," he explains.

"I'm surprised. Seeing that you didn't say goodbye," Kalani says facing him. "I wanted to but I was afraid you'd try to kill me. I left when your humanity was off," he explains as she laughs.

"I would never. I wanted to go with you. To New Orleans. To meet your baby mama," she says and this time he laughs. "You would like her," he says as she smiles. "Maybe one day I can visit," she says as he nods. "I hope so," he says getting up and holding his hand out to her and pulling her up.

"If you ever need me. Even if you just need someone to help you pick out a dress, call me. Call me for anything," he says as she smiles. "If you ever need me. Even if you just need someone to paint. Call me. Call me for anything," Kalani responds before kissing his cheek and walking away.

When she gets at home she and her friends head to her room and she removes a box from under her bed. They wrote it down at their first sleepover and promised to open it on graduation day. They wrote down what they wanted for their future.

Max is first to open his piece of paper. "A real home," he reads and smiles. "And I have that. With you guys," he says as Ginny takes out hers. "A good future ahead," she reads. "I think I have that," she says.

Kalani picks up Alex's, leaving in her's the box. "For everyone to be happy and maybe to go somewhere for break," she reads and she feels Adelaide squeeze her hand. "I want us to be happy too and for us to go away for break," Max speaks up. "You will be happy. And you could go anywhere you want for the break," Adelaide says as Kalani smiles at her. "One last hurrah before college," Ginny says before Kalani picks up her own paper with a laugh.

"I have to go," she says when she reads it. She grabs her mom's old long leather jacket from her closet "Where are you going?" Max asks as Kalani faces them. "I'll be back soon. I love you guys and when I get back we're going somewhere. To New Orleans," she says and takes Adelaide's hand pulling her up. "Don't miss me too much," Adelaide says as Kalani lets out a soft laugh. "I'm not making any promises," she says and pulls the girl into a hug.

Kalani walks out of her room and the house before getting into her car and driving. When she gets to school she finds Bonnie with Jeremy before she clears her throat. "I'll give you a moment," Jeremy says and walks off.

"The gang and I are going away for the break," Kalani speaks up. "That's great," Bonnie says with a smile. "I wanted to say something first. Show you something," Kalani says and hands Bonnie the piece of green paper. "That's what I wanted for my future," she says as Bonnie unfolds the paper.

"End the feeling of falesia," Bonnie reads with a frown. "That's what I feel when I'm with you. An overwhelming feeling of falesia," Kalani explains. "What does that mean?" Bonnie questions. "It means I feel like I love you more than you could ever love and that makes me wanna fucking die," Kalani explains.

"I didn't know you felt that way," Bonnie says as Kalani nods. "How could you have? You know, with Jeremy around you all the time," Kalani says sticking her hands in her jacket pockets. "That's not fair," Bonnie says and Kalani nods.

"Youre right and I didn't come to argue. I wanted to tell you this," Kalani says removing her hands from her pockets. "I'm leaving but if you want me to stay, just say it," Kalani says taking Bonnie's hands into her own. "Tell me to stay. Tell me im wrong and you love me more than I could ever imagine and you don't want Jeremy. Tell me you only want me. Tell me your mine," Kalani says and she can't help but go on one knee as Bonnie follows.

"I can't do that," Bonnie says and a part of Kalani dies and she gets up and wipes the bit of grass off her knee and walks away. Bonnie calls after her but she knows if she turns she'll lose all her strength and never be able to leave or move on.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑓𝑎𝑣𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑐𝑟𝑖𝑚𝑒, 𝑏𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑡 🎉