020. 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉

Kalani lays between Adelaide's legs as she drinks beer. "It's time," Elena says holding up a cake with candles. "I'm coming," Kalani says getting up before holding her hand out to Adelaide who takes it as the blonde pulls her up.

"Make a wish," Bonnie says as they stand around the girl. "Okay," Kalani says with a smile. She closes her eyes before blowing out the candles.

She opens her eyes as the crypt doors open causing her to turn to see Max. "Sorry to bother," he says as she laughs. "No, it's fine," she says taking his hand. "Can I talk to you outside?" Max asks as Kalani nods. "You guys can start eating the cake if you want," she says looking at the group before walking out and closing the doors behind her.

"I suppose my wish came true," she says as they walk further from the group. "What was your wish?" Max questions. "I wished for you to come to me and you did," she says with a smile. "Are you gonna stay?" She asks as they walk away from the crypt while swinging their arms. "I don't know," he says looking at the girl. Under the moonlight, her eyes seemed perfect. "It's fine," she says looking up at him. "I just wanted to say happy belated birthday," he says as she smiles.

"Thank you," she says before hugging him. The two sway around for a while as he rests his head in the crook of her neck before she feels something. "Ow," she says pulling away and placing her hand on her neck. He had bitten her.

"Did you just bite me?" She asks letting out a shaky breath. "Oh my God," he says as she leans against a tree before sliding down. "Kalani," Max says trying to get closer to her. "No! Get away from me," she says as he lets out a sigh. "Kal," he says as she shakes her head. "No, leave me alone," she says before he walks away.

After a while, Alex, Adelaide, and Ginny find her before taking her home. "What happened?" Alex asks as he puts Kalani on the couch. "Max bit me," she says crying. "It hurts," she adds before she starts repeating the phrase. Alex looks at the mark on her neck before looking at Ginny.

»»

Kalani lays in bed before someone touches her cheek as she turns to see Zach. "Dad?" She asks softly. "It's me," the voice says as she closes her eyes before opening them again to see Klaus.

"Come to watch me die?" She asks with a smile. "Do you want to die?" Klaus asks sitting down on the bed. "I do," she responds as he nods. "But I can't. I have to stay for my family and Addy," Kalani says as Klaus removes her how wet hair from her face. "And Bonnie," she adds letting out a sigh she didn't know she was holding in.

"I know what it's like to want to die but I'll let you in on a secret," he says moving closer to whisper into her ear. "There's a whole world out there waiting for you. Great cities and hundreds of people for you to photograph," he says as she looks up at the pictures on her ceiling. "And you can have all of it. And a hundred more birthdays. There's always a light at the end of a dark tunnel," Klaus explains as Kalani lets out a weak laugh. "My dad use to say that," she says facing him.

"He sounds like a wise man," he says as a few tears roll down Kalani's cheeks. "He was and as much as I miss my parents I don't wanna see them now," she says as Klaus helps her up before giving her some of his blood.

The next morning she wakes up to see a jewelry box on her bedside table. She opens it revealing a necklace and she immediately knows it's from Klaus. She told her she liked those kinds of necklaces over the summer but didn't think he was paying attention. She puts it on as she lets out a sigh.

Necklace