Sickly || S.H.

Pairing: Sam Holland x reader

Warnings: fluff, fluff, fluff

~

The sound of crockery crashing woke Sam that morning. He seated up out of shock for the loud sound. 'Oh shit' someone said from -what he supposed- was the kitchen. Sam looked at the empty space beside him, noticing the space had been used but now was cold to the touch when he let his hand wander through the sheets. Y/n was for sure up. Now doing what?

Sam turned to the other side to take a look at the clock. The thing marked 7 a.m. What was she doing that early? That early on a Sunday morning.

Sam threw the blankets out of his body, and paddle towards the kitchen with the firm idea to bring Y/n back to bed. The day was grey, and they had nothing to do for the day luckily.

When he reached the kitchen door, he was presented with an anxious girl coming and going trying to get rid of different broken pieces that minutes ago were a mug, a plate and possibly a glass jar. Sam noticed she was grabbing a couple of pieces and drove them to the garbage, all when the broom was two steps away from her resting on all of its glory.

"Morning" Sam made himself notice. Y/n stopped and straightened up to look at him.

"Yeah, yeah...hi" she said, without giving him a second look and return to her actions. Her voice sounded different for his boyfriend.

"What are you doing, babe?" he tried to get some information without being too direct.

"Tidying the house" she mumbled.

"At 7 am? When did you wake up? I didn't notice..." he went to grab the broom and extended to her when she returned to the pile. Y/n stopped as he was offering a grenade.

"Yes, there's a problem with that?" she said harshly. Sam opened his eyes wider out of surprise. Y/n was always sweet and tender, especially with him. This whole attitude made him anger but above all, she hurt him. Y/n noticed, but her mind was a mess for her to retract.

"No, no...I'm not...I-" Sam didn't know how to act.

"If you're not going to help, please go" she said, now grabbing the thing because she couldn't look at him.

"Babe, what's going on?" he said worriedly.

"Nothing!" she expressed at the same time she sneezed.

"Hon-"

She interrupted him, turning quickly around. "Sam, leave me...I want to tidy and" y/n suddenly stopped, and her body almost collapsed on the floor closer to the pile of sharp objects if Sam hadn't held her.

"That's it...you're coming to bed with me" he stated, firmly.

"Sam, please"

"Sam nothing" Sam looked at her eyes, now from a close distance since he was still holding her body. Y/n's eyes were red and swollen a little. Sam was worried beyond understanding. He placed a hand on her forehead. "You're burning, y/n" he let her know, continuing to arrange his arms to lift her up. She protested a little bit at every step he made towards the shared room she let her weight -all of it, physical and mental- rested on her boyfriend.

Y/n closed her eyes in enjoyment when her body was placed on the mattress. Sam tucked her in. "I'm going to make some breakfast and grab your medicine, okay?" he asked closer with his arms on both of her sides.

"I don't want you to catch anything" y/n caressed his cheek. Sam stared at her. It was even stranger the contrast from her minutes ago and now. From frenetic to vulnerable. Something was up with his girl, and he had to figure it out. When she was ready although.

"I don't care" he left a kiss on her hand. "I'll be right back" he placed his lips on her forehead, stopping there for a minute.

Y/n tried to fall back to sleep but without Sam's warmth it was difficult. She needed him close and holding her, let her know everything would turn up for the better.

She felt he had been gone for ages when Sam appeared in the room holding a tray with tea, delicious pastries he had made the day before that and pills for her.

"Feeling better?" he inquired.

"Now that I see your art...a little bit" she smiled but it didn't reach her eyes.

He laughed, leaving the goodies in front of Y/n. "My face brings that joy to everybody"

"Shut up" y/n pushed him jokingly.

After they finished eating breakfast, Sam leaned back and y/n let her head rest on his shoulder. Out of habit, he directed a hand to scratch her scalp and run his fingers through her locks.

He stared far from their bodies, remembering the scene from earlier. His girl and the mess she made -which he already had get rid of- in the kitchen area.

"What are you laughing at?" she said, without moving because she was enjoying the cuddles very much.

"You"

"What about me?" she opened her eyes, trying to understand what he was saying.

"What was going on an hour ago?" he asked looking down at his girlfriend.

"I-" she tried to start. Y/n wanted to share with him all of her worries but at the same time, the anxious feeling of boring him or something retained her. "Nothing"

"Baby, look at me" Sam ordered her, grabbing her chin and turning her head until their eyes locked. "If you don't want to talk it's okay...but please, I hate to see you like this"

Her heart hurt a little. The idea of doing some harm to Sam, her beloved Sam, broke her. "It's a long story..."

"We have all the time" he smiled. Y/n nodded and started rambling about her current worries and problems, while Sam caressed her cheeks and combed the strands of hairs that fell from the sides.