In my eyes || H.H.

Pairing: bestfriend!harry holland x reader

Warnings: Harry being Harry

~

You shrieked in excitement as you excited your best friend's car, the bright screen from the drive-in cinema shined on your face, while you gathered the stuff you had brought to make a perfect spot for you and Harry in the trunk of his car.

Since the Christmas season was open, tonight's screening was of Home Alone 2, a classic for this time of the year.

"Can you help me with these blankets, please?" You asked your friend, who was currently taking photos of the Christmas lights.

"Yep, sorry!" Harry let it out, putting his camera around his neck and making his way to you.

"Why did you bring fairy lights?" He asked once he saw you untangling them. "It's for the aesthetic, duh!" You mumbled, sticking your tongue out.

When everything was perfect, you settled side by side, with another blanket covering the lower part of your bodies, while you shared the snacks you had also brought with you.

"It's quite comfy, actually!" Harry said, taking a good look at what you had done in just a few minutes, "Isn't it? I've been planning this for so long, it has to be perfect" you exclaimed, earning a chuckle from your friend.

"What?" you asked, "Nothing, you're just very cute" he answered, to which you scoffed, rolling your eyes. Before you could say anything else though, the lights turned off and the movie started, making you shut up and focus on the classic Home Alone intro.

You could feel Harry's stare throughout the majority of the film, "Why are you staring at me?" You asked, after what felt like the millionth time he averted his gaze from the screen to you. "Because I think you're beautiful"

His words made your heart skip a beat, his eyes practically burrowing holes into your face were also not helping.

The thing is, Harry had always thought you were beautiful, the most beautiful girl he had ever met actually, he just didn't dare to say it to you. But after a conversation with his older brother Tom, who advised him to step up and let you know about his feelings, Harry felt brave enough to do it.

"What's gotten into you today? First, you call me cute, and now beautiful, what's going on? Do you want something?" You chuckled, trying to make a joke to lighten up the mood since you were way too nervous to address what was really happening.

"No, no, I— I just wanted you to know" Harry shrugged. Great. He chickened out. Furrowing your brows, you mumbled a quiet, "Thanks", before focusing back on the screen where Macaulay Culkin tried to stop the bad guys from robbing the store.

After that, Harry seemed to keep his eyes on the film, but something felt different. As the minutes passed, you felt the need to be closer to your friend, like a magnet was pushing you close. Harry made the first move, sitting just a little closer, blaming the cold wind that had suddenly picked up. You didn't mind his proximity at all and after a few minutes, you were resting your head on his shoulder, where you stayed until the movie ended. Your hands also found their way to each other, fingers perfectly interlocking like the last piece of a puzzle.

When the end credits started to show on the big screen, you knew it was time to go but strangely enough, you felt at home already in Harry's car, with blankets and fairy lights and his presence beside you. "Hey, are you asleep?" his whispering brought you back to reality, one which you didn't want to be in. "No, I'm not! I don't sleep during films, that's such a Tom thing to do" You mumbled, making Harry laugh, agreeing with you on his brother's sleepy nature.

Once you had collected all of your stuff, Harry closed the trunk of his car and you two got inside to go home. But Harry didn't want to go yet, his plan to tell you about his feelings hadn't quite worked out earlier so now he had to come up with a second one. "Hey, do you wanna go somewhere else?" As soon as Harry's words left his mouth you were saying yes, 'cause even though he didn't know, you also wanted to prolong this night as much as possible.

After a few more minutes on the road, Harry was parking his car at a park, so you could stargaze, which he knew was one of your all time favourite things to do.

"The sky is so clear tonight!" you let it out while laying a blanket on the grass so you could sit down. After joining you, Harry laid another one on your backs, opening his arms so you could cuddle in.

"Tonight has been great, thank you for taking me to the cinema, I know you're not a huge fan of classic Christmas movies" you mumbled, keeping your gaze on the sky. Harry, on the other hand, could barely take his eyes off you.

"Of course, anything for you" he mumbled the last part, making you turn your head, being met with his face extremely close to yours.

Harry suddenly started to lean in, but you freaked out and when he was barely an inch away from you, you asked "What are you doing?" With that, Harry quickly pulled away, his cheeks a bright shade of red.

"I— I— I was..." he stuttered, thinking if he should forget about his plan and come up with a lie. But after a few seconds, he decided to go follow his brother's advice and just go with it.

"I like you, y/n!" you froze, having absolutely no idea what to do next, "I always had a crush on you but never said anything, 'cause I was scared to screw up our friendship but I can't do this anymore. I can't be by your side and pretend I don't want to hold your hand and kiss your lips. I— I think I love you, y/n! You know what, scratch that. I know I love you! I love you so much it hurts and I don't know what to do with this feeling anymore" Harry finally admitted, feeling ten times lighter now that all of this was out of his chest.

But he was also worried, because your face held nothing but shock and confusion all over it. "What?" The small word was all you could muster out of you, "You— you love me? As like... more than friends?" you asked, stunned at his sudden confession.

"Yeah, as more than friends, y/n! Is it that hard to believe?" he chuckled, losing his faith in his feelings being mutual. "Yes, it is! It is when I've spent my entire life loving you!"

Your confession left Harry speechless, he couldn't believe you had said that. All he wanted to do now was kiss you but your face held so many emotions that he chose to ask your first, and after a quick "Please, kiss me!" from your lips, his mouth was on yours, moulding perfectly together like they had been made for each other.