Morning || P.H.

Pairing: Paddy Holland x reader

Warnings: fluffiness, kissing

~

The sun ripped through the curtains of the bedroom on a sunny Saturday morning. You could hear the muffled sound of your best friend, Paddy, downstairs in the kitchen. You often stayed the night at the Hollands house, watching movies or playing video games with Paddy and the boys. You treasured those moments because you got to be around the cute red-head who you called you best friend, but deep down you wished it were something more.

You got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to take a shower and brush your teeth. You grabbed one of paddy's T-shirts, which you may or may not have stolen like two months ago, some shorts and got changed before making your way downstairs.

The smell of tea was in the air when you came down the stairs. Paddy was leaning on the counter sipping his tea,
"Good morning" he said as you made your way over to him, engulfing him in a hug. He looked down at you with a soft smile and kissed the top of your head, because that's what all best friends do, right?

"Morning" you mumbled, your face squished up against his chest,
"You alright love?" he asked pulling away, you nodded before walking over to the kettle to boil water for your tea.
"How do your brothers sleep in for so long?" You asked Paddy as you took a sip of your tea.
"I don't even know" he chuckled.

After finishing your breakfast, Paddy turned on the radio, Yellow by Coldplay coming on. Paddy came over to you, holding his hand out,
"Wanna dance?" He asked with a sheepish smile, you nodded, a smile spreading across your face as he pulled you to the middle of the living room. You both swayed and spun around to the music, both of you laughing.

You always felt safe when you were with Paddy, you could be who you wanted to and he wouldn't judge you. He would comfort you when you needed and he'd always knew how to cheer you up. There was no denying that you were falling the redhead boy, but you were certain he didn't like you the same way. You always got butterflies in your stomach every time he would give you a nickname or hug you or caress your cheek when you cried, his beautiful eyes meeting yours when you looked at him, how he remembered the small things about you that sometimes even you forgot.

Sam had secretly made a bet with his brothers that you two would get together by the end of the month, but Tom and Harry thought it would take longer since you were both so oblivious to your feelings for each other, and yet neither of you were blonde.

You were both so concentrated on each other that neither of you noticed Paddy's brothers watching you from the stairs. Sam smirking as he nudged Tom and Harry,

"Looks like you'll both be giving me 60 quid pretty soon" he whispered, Tom rolling his eyes as their attention was redirected to the two teenagers dancing around in the middle of the living room. 

Paddy picked you up by your waist, spinning you around before sitting you down on the counter. He stood between your legs as he looked up at you, his hand reaching up to your face, pushing a strand of hair behind your ear,

"Can I kiss you?" he whispered, love and adoration in his eyes. You nodded, heat crawling up to your cheeks as he hooked his finger underneath your chin, guiding your lips to meet his. As soon as they met yours it was like a huge weight was lifted off your shoulders.

His lips were soft against yours and you both kissed slowly, one of your arms around his neck, your fingers playing with the hairs on the nape of his neck. He snaked one of his arms around your waist while the other intertwined his fingers with yours. You whimpered at the loss of contact as you both pulled away, foreheads resting on each others,

"You don't know how long I've waited to do that" he said with a smile, his cheeks lightly tinted pink, "So have I" you said as you pecked his lips once more, earning a laugh from Paddy as he picked you up, your legs wrapping around his waist as he nuzzled his face in the crook of your neck. You laughed as he spun you around, both your laughs filling the room.

"YES!, It's about time!" Sam shouted as he came running in, a huge grin plastered on his face. You both stopped dead in your tracks, Paddy slowly putting you down on the floor. You both were completely red, looking at the smiling boy as he turned to Tom and Harry,

"You both owe me 60 quids" Sam said with his arms outstretched,

"You guys were betting on us?!" Paddy asked, his eyes wide as he looked at his brothers, both of them reaching into their pockets, taking out their wallets.

You nuzzled your face in Paddy's side, hiding your red face.

"No need to hide your face love, I think it's cute, and yes we were betting on you two" Tom said with a smirk as he handed Sam the money, Harry doing the same thing.

"My work here is done" Sam said as he walked out of the living room, Tom and Harry trailing behind him. You let go of Paddy and looked down at the ground, only for Paddy to lift your chin up, your eyes meeting his.

"Don't you ever try and hide your face from me love" he said as he kissed your forehead,

"Will your be my girlfriend y/n?" Paddy asked with a slight smile. Your head shot up, your eyes meeting his.

"Yes, yes, a million times yes Paddy" you said.