Mistletoe shenanigans || P.H.

Pairing: Paddy Holland x reader

Warnings: Paddy being cheeky, kissing

~

The Holland house is full of holiday cheer, decorations strewn about the living room floor as you and Paddy, tasked with the organization of any and all decorations, attempt to organize, untangle, and unpack the rows of boxes stacked on the living room floor.

The docile sounds of a piano instrumental filter and reverberate off of the living room walls, filling the comfortable silence settled between you and your boyfriend. When you glance at him from across the room, you see that he's already looking, smile lifting the corners of his lips when he meets your gaze. He winks at you before refocusing on the task in his hands.

Your heart beats just a tiny bit faster, you notice, as you go back to working on gingerly untangling the mistletoe in the bag beside you.

Delicately tying silver twine around the sturdy stem of the branch, you reach for a pin and make your way to the nearest doorway. You stand on your toes, but your reach is just shy of the wooden doorjamb and you groan in frustration, looking around you for anything you could use to step on.

"Need a little help?" The laugh in Paddy's voice is unmistakable as he gets up from his position on the floor to make his way over to you.

Easily, he pins the mistletoe to the spot you intended, smiling down at you with boyish triumph and charm.

A contented silence settles between you again as you grin at each other, the freckles on his cheeks dotting his skin in patterns even more beautiful than the snow on the ground outside.

In an instant his grin twinkles with mischief as an idea pops into his head. He licks his lips before catching the bottom one between his teeth, eyes moving upwards to glance at the mistletoe he just pinned to the doorway.

"Would you look at that: mistletoe. How long has that been there?"

You laugh at his remark and play along, moving closer to wrap your arms around his waist and settle your chin on his chest, "Huh, I haven't a clue, love. But you do know what that means right?"

As he leans in to kiss you, he mumbles, smile coloring his intonation, "Hm, let me think..."

Paddy trails off as his lips settle on yours in a tender mistletoe kiss. When you smile against his mouth, he pulls away briefly only to take your cheeks in his hands and pull you in again.

You sigh, mentally taking note that Paddy's always been a good kisser; he's unbelievably sweet and considerate and those traits don't stop with his physical affections.

Your moment is broken by Harry's voice and the sound of his camera's shutter, "Aw would you look at that, Tom. The lovebirds making their cozy little nest under the mistletoe"

Both you and Paddy shoot apart, cheeks lit up with embarrassment at being caught in such an intimate moment. When you look at his brother's they're standing at the bottom of the stairs, amusement sparking in their eyes. Tom playfully coos, "They grow up so fast don't they?"

Deadpanning with annoyance, Paddy responds just as snarkily, sparking a game of brotherly wits. Over the hustle and bustle of teasing punches and headlocks, your gaze meets Paddy, and although his cheeks are red with embarrassment he smiles at you.