Two workers || S.H.

Pairing: Sam Holland x reader

Warnings: drunk sam, fluff

~

Sam Holland had taken a job at The Gleneagles Hotel as part of a new start. After going through a breakup he figured it would be a nice change of pace, a change that he knew he needed.

What he hadn't considered however, was meeting you. You were a waitress at the hotel and the first friend that he had made while settling in. You introduced yourself, showed him around and accepted him into your circle of friends within the hotel. You made sure to invite him to movie nights, out for drinks and anything else you lot got up too.

Over time Sam found himself developing feelings for you, whether he wanted too or not. He would find himself thinking about you more  than usual, smiling whenever somebody brought your name up and wanting to spend as much time with you as possible.

Of course he had no idea how to bring this up to you, he didn't know if you felt the same and he didn't want to ruin the amazing friendship you had both managed to build. Instead he decided that he would simply try to hide how he felt, a plan that worked incredibly well until one night.

You had invited Sam around to your apartment for a movie night, just the two of you and Sam was more nervous than he would care to admit. After a rushed phone call with Harry and one or two pints (closer to three), he found himself knocking on tour front door in a trance.

As soon as the door opened he decided to make his play, stumbling into your living room he braced himself on the couch, turning to you and patting the seat next to him.

"Come and sit with me? We need to start this movie night and I need my favourite girl."

Blushing at the nickname, you found yourself sitting next your drunken friend and laughing at how said boy was currently acting.

"Are you okay Sammy? You didn't have to come if you wanted to go out, you could have had a few drinks and we could have done this another time."

"No, no, no. We are having a movie night angel, I'm here, your here so we need to decide what to watch because I want to cuddle you. Now."

You found yourself putting on an old film that you may have seen far too much, but that wasn't the point right now. The point was Sam Holland was currently cuddled into your side and playing with your hair, humming along to nothing in particular and it made you feel at home. Sam made you feel at home, but unfortunately for you, your head and your heart weren't on the same page.

Reluctantly you found yourself pulling away from Sam, something that caused him to let out a whine.

"Where are you going? What is happening? I thought we were going to cuddle?"

"We did cuddle, but your a little drunk right now and I don't want to overstep a mark or a boundary. Between the flirting and the constant touching I'm just a little confused and so I think we should talk it all through, preferably when your sober."

And that's just what you do. The next day when you head into work you are met with the sight of Sam waiting for you at the door, he immediately spots you before making his way over to you with a smile on his face.

"Hey pretty girl, think we can talk now?"

You find yourself nodding, blushing once again at the nickname given to you.

"Right, I'm just going to say this because I need to get it off my chest. I like you y/n. I've liked you for a little while now and I guess I've just been scared. I didn't want to ruin our friendship by telling you how I feel, but I need to be honest with you considering at the least your my best friend."

Looking on in awe, you find yourself smiling as the guy sitting opposite you rambles on about how sorry he is for making things awkward and that if you don't want to be friends with him he understands.

"I like you too you idiot."