Pictures of you || H.H.

Pairing: Harry Holland x reader

Warnings: swearing

~

"Y/N, you made it!" Sam smiled, hopping up from his seat at the table to tackle you in a hug.

"Did you think I'd bail?" You stepped out of your best friend's hug with a laugh, before sitting beside him at the table. The rest of your friends around the table, including Sam's girlfriend El, greeted you kindly. You smiled happily, purely content with being back home again since your latest journey abroad. You noticed one open seat beside you at the pub, and you unfortunately knew just who would occupy it.

"God, it's a good thing I got the drinks." Harry scoffed as he walked up to the table, setting down a round of drinks for everyone. Surprisingly, he had gotten you a drink, too.

"Yes, I definitely need to be drunk to sit next to you all night." You rolled your eyes, taking a quick drink of your beer, and Harry begrudgingly sat in the empty chair beside you, seating you between the two twins.

"Hey now, play nice tonight, yeah?" Sam teased, but you knew there was an underlying seriousness in his voice.

You'd been best friends with Sam for the past few years after having met at a cooking class one day when you burned the poor meal and Sam, the star of the class, had to help you- he still did all of the cooking in your friendship. Because you were so close with Sam, that meant you spent a lot of time around Harry.

Somehow, it still surprised you that, even though they were completely their own individual beings, one twin could get along with you so well and the other one seemed to despise your existence. Maybe it stemmed from that one time Harry needed a model for his shoot, and Sam suggested you, but you couldn't be more repulsed by the idea of modeling- and Harry took it offensively. Maybe it was the time that you found out that Harry had told the guy you were talking to that you were actually into Harry instead, so the other guy completely erased himself from your life. Either way, you two hated each other.

At least, that's the front you put up. You thought Harry was cute, and you loved his stupid jokes and how passionate he was about everything in life. You didn't like that he seemed to hate you, so you just met his hatred with your own. You hadn't told Sam about your miniscule, tiny, minute, barely-in-existence crush on his brother, too scared that somehow Harry would find out. Sam was just caught in between you two, trying to ease the tension as he balanced his best friend and his brother. It also didn't help that now you, Harry, and Sam had formed the same friend group.

"So how's your first night back in town?" Sam asked you with a smile.

"My roommate's exiled me already. Either I need to stay out until 3 am or I need to find a hotel already." You sighed, with a small laugh, "She had weeks and still managed to line that up poorly."

"You can stay at my place, if you'd like?" He offered.

"Excuse me, what?" Harry questioned his twin's words. The twins shared a house together, so Sam inviting you to stay the night meant you'd have to deal with Harry, too.

"Sam, I don't want to encroach. I'll just get a-" You started, but Harry cut you off.

"No shit, you'd be encroaching." He stated, drinking down his beer.

"You know what?" You eyed him angrily, before turning back to your friend, "I'll take you up on that offer, just to spite a certain someone."

"As long as I don't wake up tomorrow to find that one of you murdered the other, it's fine." Sam chuckled before taking a drink of his own beer.

You got pulled into a conversation with your other friends, ignoring Harry's presence beside you as he did the same. Or so you thought. You were so caught up in your own world that you didn't notice Harry's lingering gaze on you when you'd throw your head back in laughter, your eyes crinkling in happiness; you didn't notice how his hand closest to you seemed to itch like it was resisting the urge to reach up and move the loose strand of hair out of your face. You didn't notice any of it.