Chapter 17 : Red Code

A tickling sensation woke me up from my deep sleep

A tickling sensation woke me up from my deep sleep. Seriously why is everyone so obsessed with interrupting my sleep?! I groaned and tried to get up but a weight held me down.

I glanced down and saw two strong, tanned arms wrapped from my waist tightly. Slowly turning my head to the side, I saw Azrael sleeping next to me, his face buried in the crook of my neck.

Long lashes touching his high cheekbones, messy raven hair and pouty pink lips. God, he looks like a fallen angel. I should really stop staring at him like a creep. I can't though, I can't seem to take my eyes off him.

Wait.

Why the hell are we sleeping in the floor?!

I clearly remember falling asleep on the couch.

I lightly tapped his cheek to wake him up but this big goof groaned and tightened his arms around me, snuggling his face even more into my neck. I poked his nose but he again swatted my hand away, scrunching his nose.

I should probably freak out that I'm sleeping next to a guy....

A guy I have a massive crush on.

But still a guy.

And weirdly I feel incredibly content and comfortable as if I've always slept in these arms. It felt like home.

I gently tried to pry his hands away from me but he fisted the bottom of my shirt tightly in his hand and pulled me even closer, pouting his lips more. Okay. I really have no patience in the morning and he's really testing it. Taking a deep breath, I raised my knee and slammed it into his firm abdomen. He yelped and instantly rolled away from me, holding his stomach as if I had shot him or something.

"Care to explain why we're sleeping on the floor?" And he groaned loudly in response, still holding on to his abdomen.

"Does is still hurt?" He again groaned. I'll take that as a yes.

Hesitantly moving towards him, I poked his bicep. He ignored me and turned away. I gently touched his abdomen to check for any bruises and he pounced on top of me suddenly making me scream. He wrapped his arms tightly around me, crushing me with his weight.